- God's Timing

God's Timing

Help for alcohol abuse addiction alcoholics who want to stay sober

God's Timing

Postby merckx » Wed Jul 06, 2011 7:23 am

God's timing is almost always different then mine. On June 26th my wife and I welcomed our newborn son into the world three weeks early. The doctors had my wife scheduled for an amnio on the 28th to see if they could take the baby early due to our first child being born still last year at 38 weeks. They didn't think the emotional stress my wife would likely experience in the last two weeks of pregnancy would be healthy for the baby.

Apparently God had a similar idea. This is another wonderful example of how God knows exactly what He is doing.

Another example of God's timing is my new job. In January, I started to pursue new employment. I interviewed for a job in February and spent four months waiting for paper work to be processed and a decision to be reached. This new job would provide better pay and benefits and would allow my wife to go to work part time if she decides she wants to spend more time at home with our son. I got a call at the beginning of June informing me that I had the job and my start date was June 21st. Exactly one year after we lost our son.

After spending four months wrestling with the question, "God what is taking so long?" and practicing acceptance, my question was answered. It took so long because "so long" was exactly the right amount of time!
merckx

Postby Dallas » Wed Jul 06, 2011 12:41 pm

Thanks for sharing. Nice to hear that things are working out better for you!
Dallas
Site Admin

Postby sunlight » Thu Jul 07, 2011 8:44 am

God bless you and your baby boy.

New life, new hope. It's what we're all about. :wink:
sunlight

Return to Help for alcoholics who want to stay sober