- Hello, I am Mark and I am an Alcoholic

Hello, I am Mark and I am an Alcoholic

Introduce yourself or read introductions from others!

Hello, I am Mark and I am an Alcoholic

Postby TexasMark » Sat Jul 16, 2011 4:10 pm

Hi everyone,

I just wanted to introduce my self. I have been coming to this board the last couple of months, but just now signed up and started posting. I came here originally when I started chairing meetings. I have picked up some great topics for discussion meetings here. Thank you, by the way.

I am 43 and have been sober for 17 months on Sunday the 17th. I tried doing this on my own before and made it 61 days. Then oneday, potential wife number 3 suggested going to AA. I didn't want any part of it. I had been to meetings and I wasn't one of them.....YET

On August 11, 2007 I finially gave it a shot with open eyes and actually listened. I stayed sober for 11 months and 3 weeks, until potential wife number 3 decided to break off the wedding. I went back out and survived. I learned a very important thing then. You have to do this for yourself.

So, February 17, 2010 I started a new life. I can truly contest that the program works, when you work it.

Nice to meet y'all, and I hope to meet new people and establish great relationships here, which I believe I will.

God Bless
Mark
TexasMark

Postby Dallas » Sat Jul 16, 2011 6:29 pm

Great to have you here w/ us Mark! Thanks for introducing yourself. I look forward to hearing much from you! We seem to have had some similar experiences.

Dallas
Dallas
Site Admin

Postby ~Jools~ » Thu Jul 21, 2011 2:41 pm

Hiya Mark,

Looking forward to your sharing. Thanks for telling us a bit about you.

Julie
~Jools~

Postby ccs » Mon Jul 25, 2011 12:19 pm

Hellloooo Mark nice to meet ya thanks for the intro I look forward to becoming one of those new peeps you meet :lol:
I`m Cessie and I AM An ALCOHOLIC :) and I am always Happy to meet yet another Brother welcome to the Fam.

Your Sister in Sobriety Cess :D KCB!!
ccs

Postby sunlight » Mon Jul 25, 2011 9:03 pm

Hi Mark,
You write some beautiful and thoughtful posts. Thank you!

What's your favorite topic? Let's talk about it!
sunlight

Postby cue » Tue Aug 02, 2011 5:48 pm

Hey Mark. Great to have you here.
cue

Return to Alcoholics and addicts in Recovery