- Do you care about your sobriety?

Do you care about your sobriety?

12 Steps: Discussions related to the 12 Steps and using them as a treatment to recover from alcohol and drug addiction.

My Sobriety Means Alot

Postby recoverywfaith » Sat Jul 16, 2011 10:19 pm

God wants me sober and in recovery. Thank God has never given up on me...and I am finally realizing that I deserve to have healthy recovery...one day at a time.
recoverywfaith

Postby Ranman99 » Mon Jul 18, 2011 12:44 am

Well thanks for letting me see a post I wrote when I was 9 months :lol:

As some people say it is all spiritual :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Ranman99

Postby Dallas » Mon Jul 18, 2011 2:23 am

Imagine that! You're still sober! How'd you do it? :lol:

I love it when I stumble into something I wrote a few years past. I always wonder "Oh crap! What was I thinking when I posted this!" And, I'm in terror until I read the message I wrote and find it -- it's okay. I still think this way. :lol:

As always -- great to hear from you Ranman!
Dallas
Site Admin

Postby Ranman99 » Mon Jul 18, 2011 2:49 am

Thanks Dallas, had been off the sight for a while but back to checkin' regular like.

Yup pretty wild. Went to my sponsors wedding Sat. night. My kid was the ring brearer. HP got me a car a few weeks back so guess I'll be taking lots of new comers to meetings :lol: 8) 8) :lol:
Ranman99

Postby ccs » Mon Jul 18, 2011 12:41 pm

this is an awesome thread as I was reading it this morning I was not aware that it started last year until I got the bottom and read
Ranman`s post
and that made me think wow I wasnt paying attention the fact that most of these post where written over a year ago is not even the point

for me its the fact that I didnt see it until the end y`all get where I`m going with this right :wink:

so yes I do care very much about my sobriety is the answer to the question that started this thread and maybe last year I read it and it helped me but today I read it and it helped me again :)

it helped me to realize that with out the awareness that
I yam what I yam :D and not paying attention to some simple things I learned a long time ago taking that next drink could sneak right up on me and I wont see it until the END just like this thread snuck up on me today

for me I MUST rely on GOD to point these things out to me so I can get into action and HE does that alot of times by useing others like y`all and last years posts to be brought out again right when I may need to see them and snap to attention :D :wink:

LUV-2-ALL Cess
ccs

Postby merckx » Wed Jul 20, 2011 5:38 am

Dallas wrote:So, why haven't I taken my next drink -- yet?

I believe my answer is the same as yours. I found what I was looking for, now I don't need to look in a bottle anymore. Instead I have to focus daily on keep my eyes on the one who has provided me what I was looking for and more.
merckx

Postby MichalF » Tue Jul 26, 2011 4:48 pm

For me it seems to be simple. If I don,t care enough of recovery I would face situation that I feel such unbearable amount of sadness, boredom, emptiness, pain and other bad feelings I could say "screw it"

If i dont care about recovery It quicker or slower :) causes that I dont care about sobriety
For many years I have got use to statment that I am sober, but I can image that alcohol craving which was miraculously taken by HP could in "miracuolously way return;)
MichalF

Postby Camel » Sat Jul 30, 2011 2:47 pm

I care more about my sobriety than I care about anything, or anyone. I know what happens when I put something, or someone, in front of or above my sobriety. Every person I know that has tried this experiment, has lost their sobriety, yours truly included. The cold hard truth is some of them didn't make it back through the doors. They have had their last drink. Have I had mine? I certainly hope so. I believe I have a pretty good chance of being successful in sobriety today, if I continue to follow the directions. As Dallas said, there are no guarantees. The further we are away from our last drink, the closer we are to our next one. If you want a guarantee, by a Toaster. I firmly believe God will keep us unharmed if we rightly relate ourselves to Him. God gets the credit for my sobriety.

Hub
Camel

Postby Dallas » Sat Jul 30, 2011 5:03 pm

I appreciate you guys sharing!!!! Thank you!
Dallas
Site Admin

Postby sunlight » Sun Jul 31, 2011 12:45 am

Camel said:

If you want a guarantee, by a Toaster.

That is too true! :D
sunlight

PreviousNext

Return to 12 Steps