- Introductions this forum is All About You!

Introductions this forum is All About You!

Introduce yourself or read introductions from others!

Postby Dallas » Fri Aug 26, 2011 11:34 pm

Do you think they'd let me move to Ireland? I think I might like that!
Dallas
Site Admin

Postby Toast » Wed Aug 31, 2011 3:45 am

In the early days a guy six weeks sober was my hero because to my sick mind six weeks without a drink was just about attainable for a guy like me. Any longer and you were having a laugh, weren't you? :?

Now almost 18 years down the line i have to pinch myself how far my family and me have come :D

For me it was important the sponsor i've ended up with (after going through 2 previous ones) has made a sober life i admire and would like to have so it makes sense to me that he's the kind of guy to lead me down the path towards it. But this life wont be his it will be mine and i'll be accountable for everything that happens in it, even the good stuff :wink:

But more importantly once i've got it guys like him can also show me how to hold onto it! :D

He always tells me a sponsor holds the lamp while we do the digging! :lol:

Sounds about right. 8)
Toast

Postby mcfinn » Wed Nov 16, 2011 7:27 pm

Hello my name is Patrick and I am a alcoholic and proud member of AA. My sobriety date is October 28 2009. I am new to this site and look forward to meeting new people. I am on Facebook under 2bitmcfinn. Thanks!!
mcfinn

Postby Dallas » Thu Nov 17, 2011 1:58 pm

Welcome to the site, Patrick and thanks for introducing yourself. You may want to post again, as a new topic, because this thread is basically for notices -- which others don't seem to read often. :lol:

Where on the Oregon coast? North, south? It's beautiful up there. I lived in Oregon for a couple of years and it's a great place!

Dallas
Dallas
Site Admin

New to this site :)

Postby marbear84 » Sat Nov 26, 2011 4:03 pm

Hi, guys! My name is Mary and I am an alcoholic. My sobriety date is December 2, 2010. I love people and love service work and am excited to get to know you guys! :D
marbear84

Postby Dallas » Sat Nov 26, 2011 9:12 pm

Welcome to the site Mary! Great to have you and I look forward to hearing more from you!!! You've got a sobriety Birth date coming up!!!
Dallas
Site Admin

Searching for Sober friends

Postby sassyme » Thu Dec 01, 2011 12:43 pm

Hello all, I have been on the site for awhile only reading posts I just started meetings this week so I figured I better dig in and take advantage of this wonderful site to meet people who struggle with their addiction the same as I do. :D
sassyme

Postby Toast » Thu Dec 01, 2011 2:32 pm

Hi Sassyme,

Welcome aboard, the more the merrier!

Love,light,life :lol:
Toast

Postby Dallas » Thu Dec 01, 2011 5:10 pm

It sure is nice to have you here w/ us! I look forward to hearing more from you!

Dallas
Dallas
Site Admin

New to AA and this forum

Postby newme45 » Fri Jan 06, 2012 1:56 pm

HI my name is Ellen. I have just begun my journey to sobriety. I was glad to find this. Communicating here and reading others posts will be a tremendous help to me I am sure. I look forward to learning from each of you and maybe getting to know some of you.
newme45

PreviousNext

Return to Alcoholics and addicts in Recovery