Trying to stay sober

Help for alcohol abuse addiction alcoholics who want to stay sober
dubb

Trying to stay sober

Postby dubb » Wed Sep 14, 2011 2:12 pm

Hi drinking my name is is Bill and I am an alcoholic. I went to treament and was sober for 5 years,and then the bottom dropped out. I have been drining now for about 3 years. I stop for a day or two but then start again. I have no car so getting to meetings is tough. I just was looking for people to talk to and help. Thank You

Dallas
Site Admin

Postby Dallas » Thu Sep 15, 2011 12:01 am

Welcome to the forum Bill. I hope that you find something helpful here. I understand about being sober and then starting to drink again. For me, it was a lot harder the second time around. And, I don't believe I could survive a third one.

dubb

Talking

Postby dubb » Thu Sep 15, 2011 11:11 am

Thank you for the resonse. Right now I need as many people to talk to as possible. I do not think I can handle any more drinking episodes.

Dallas
Site Admin

Postby Dallas » Thu Sep 15, 2011 2:09 pm

Bill, I'll send you a private message w/ my phone number if you want it. And, you can reply w/ your number in private message, too, if you'd like me to call you.

Dallas

cue

Postby cue » Fri Sep 16, 2011 3:59 pm

Welcome Bill. You being here is a big help to me. Hope you stay and let us know how you get on.

Ranman99

Postby Ranman99 » Sat Sep 17, 2011 10:03 am

Well I celebrated 1001 days today. I was in and out of the program for about 18 years. I think it's amazing when we get stuck we get stuck. The power of choice is non existant. The bloody strange thing for me is that when I really just gave up and threw out everything I thought I knew about anything and worked the steps to the best of my ability things began to change at a pace I did not expect. The obsession only retruned once for about 8 minutes at month 20. Since then Ive been pretty darmned convinced this thing works.

A bit like the Zen master says the cup has to be empty and then you can fill it with tea. :roll:

dubb

Thanks

Postby dubb » Sat Sep 17, 2011 4:45 pm

I really appreciate all of the kind words and support. Some days I think I am doing okay and not wanting to drink....and then others its all I can think about, confusing to me. I have been sober, loved it and then bam. I guess I just need to work harder and trust in God.
Thanks all for the support and kind words,
Dubb

dubb

Postby dubb » Mon Sep 19, 2011 6:10 pm

Keith
Thank you for responding to me. So far so good I have not had a drink in 3 days, which has sucked but it's better than the alternative. Talking to people like you has made all the difference in the world to me. Thank you.
Dubb

Ranman99

Postby Ranman99 » Tue Sep 20, 2011 1:18 am

I second everything he said. Some really sick folk even drink scotch and coke;-) tastes just as bad coming up as it does going down;-)

dubb

Postby dubb » Fri Sep 23, 2011 2:58 pm

Keith
Congrats !!!!! I know it sounds crazy my sons name is Liam. What amazing feelings you must be having. Thank you for caring enough to get back to me. I am actually still sober and have been since we last talked. I have made it to a few meetings and it has been both scary and freeing. I am hanging on not day by day but minute to minute. I hope you and the new little are doing great. Once again Thank You.
Dubb

Return to “Help for alcoholics who want to stay sober”