- Are you.... ?

Are you.... ?

Topics and discussions related to being single and or dating while in recovery

Postby Tina L. » Thu May 25, 2006 5:23 pm

u2? Tina xoxoxoxo
Tina L.

Postby Rusty Zipper » Fri May 26, 2006 2:14 am

well im single again... resume' ... cook, ####### clean, love to dance, funny, wit'y, fairly good look'y, have three Jalopy's... one's a van, if get evicted, we can live in it, and have two around towners.... practice a strong program, face adversity, right Dallas?..... ohoh, a bonus... have a Pink Cloud follow'n me, and theres room for that special one :wink: have three sponsees, the slpper, the sneaker, and the loafer.... ohoh, forgot, i just add'd the intilect... we can open a shoe store, the intilect can do the books, Cash Register honesty.... and the best, i can stil be a (_|_) at times, shows you i'm not cured.... :roll: :shock: :lol: :wink: xxoo the Zip, enquire's go to Dallas... screen um well mr BB
Rusty Zipper

Postby Dallas » Sun May 28, 2006 10:44 pm

Geeezzzz!!!! You two sure know how to embarrass a guy! :oops:

Dallas
Dallas
Site Admin

Are you...?

Postby melrose » Tue Jun 06, 2006 10:09 pm

Interesting I should come across this question today...I dreamt last night (don't laugh) that I was at Martha Stewart's house and met my true love. We didn't even have to say a word. We both knew as soon as we laid eyes upon each other...It seemed so real that when I went to my nooner today, I was certain he would be there, but alas...here I sit alone again. (Again don't laugh) I even put on a little makeup!

I am a newcomer who has finally made the decision to do whatever it takes to remain sober. I have been so blessed to find a daily meeting and an evening women's book study group in my very small community. I have been able to make remarkable progress in a very short period (by the grace of God) As have many alcoholics, I have found myself in very destructive and painful relationships---usually drinking buddies. I have never been married or had children; I live with three dogs and four indoor/outdoor cats. Due to my unfortunate history with men, I had conceded (before I came into the program) to the fact that I would end up becoming "the crazy cat/dog lady" that we have all come to know and avoid. I have a large collection of silly hats in preperation! Since coming into the program, I have found myself wanting to try dating again; however, I have come to realize I can only date someone who is also in the program. Unfortunately, at 36, I am the youngest in my home group so the pickins are slim. I feel ready to try again, without fear. Of course I am still hanging on for "the one". I know it sounds naive but I AM naive in matters concerning love.

Perhaps dreaming of him is God's little way of letting me know what is to come...One can only hope.

Happy dreaming all...and God Bless, Melrose
melrose

Postby Dallas » Wed Jun 07, 2006 3:52 am

Sounds like a pretty cool dream! :wink: A lot better than some that I had recently!

Nothing wrong with being an Animal parent. I'm dad to two dogs. :wink:

Dogs can be pretty demanding, but... not like cats... from what I've been told.

My friend has two cats. He said the difference in having dogs and cats, is: Dogs like to have a Master, and Cats like to have Servants. :wink:

Dallas
Dallas
Site Admin

Master and Servant

Postby melrose » Wed Jun 07, 2006 4:02 am

So true and funny. I have had experience with cats such as those; however, my dogs seem to run the roost around here (including myself sometimes). I don't mind at all though, they all do a good job of keeping me out of my own mind. We all know what a dangerous place that can be!!

Melrose!
:D
melrose

Single in Sobriety

Postby summer74 » Wed Oct 05, 2011 10:27 am

I have been coming to the rooms since 1991. My experience with men in AA is many do not know how to date. I am sure it is the same with women.
We seem to love instant gratification. When I was new I really thought if people were in AA they spoke the truth . I know now the amount of years does not necessarily mean good character.
It is very important to get to know your potential date outside the rooms.
Easy Does It.
summer74

Previous

Return to Single and Dating in Recovery