- Do you care about your sobriety?

Do you care about your sobriety?

12 Steps: Discussions related to the 12 Steps and using them as a treatment to recover from alcohol and drug addiction.

Postby Toast » Fri Oct 07, 2011 4:16 pm

Think the difference between those that stay and those that don't is some of us (me, me, me!) came into AA to stay alive whilst others just want to stop drinking. :D

After my 1st drink at 15 yrs of age i came too stripped to the waist laying on a patch of grass staring at the stars, i'd lost my clothes, wallet etc..

My last drink at the age of 32 i came too stripped to the waist laying on a patch of grass staring at the stars, i'd lost my clothes, wallet etc..

But this time i was so ill the little pilot light inside me was going out. I honestly thought i was going to meet my maker but was too embarrassed to go in that condition. :oops:

So i came running back to AA with my tail between my legs and this time i decided to listen. :shock:

So for AA's like me drinking is not an option, its just one of the many things i have to do if i want to stay alive. :lol:
Toast

Previous

Return to 12 Steps