- Honesty and Staying Sober

Honesty and Staying Sober

Help for alcohol abuse addiction alcoholics who want to stay sober

Postby Toast » Tue Oct 04, 2011 1:31 pm

Know what you mean about not knowing who you were or what you liked? :?

Mind you I could sit and tell you all night who and what i didn't like? :(

Always had personalities before principles, if i liked you, you could do nothing wrong and if i didn’t like you, you could do nothing right? 8)

But I only liked people who had something wrong with them, you know someone who wouldn't disagree with me, that way life would be hassle free and i could kid myself i was genius cause everyone agreed with what i said? Then again the only guys who agreed with me were guys who were as sick as me so its no wonder i never got any better, only worse over the years. :o

And it was hard work finding guys like me, when i think back i had to ditch so many normal people before i got peace in my life by surrounding myself with drunks like me? But in the end even they had the good sense to walk away from me, so who was i kidding? 8)
Toast

Postby Toast » Fri Oct 07, 2011 4:27 pm

A friend asked me today what was my favourite Beatles track, i replied 'Hello Goodbye'. He then said 'what kind of scatter brain song is that?' I then thought to myself, must be a song for a confused alcoholic? :lol:
Toast

Postby Toast » Sat Oct 08, 2011 4:59 am

I was just never a ' truth seeker'. All i ever wanted was an excuse to drink and if i couldn't find one i'd manufacture one. :wink:

Dishonesty was at the core of my being. Thats now something i have to combat on a daily basis. Step 10 is me asking the question, 'am i being true to others who have put faith in me and am i being true to myself?' :?

If the answer is anything but ' Yes' then i've got work to do. :lol:
Toast

Previous

Return to Help for alcoholics who want to stay sober