- Introduction

Introduction

12 Steps: Discussions related to the 12 Steps and using them as a treatment to recover from alcohol and drug addiction.

Introduction

Postby PaleMale » Mon Oct 10, 2011 3:53 pm

Hi
I'm PaleMale and I'm an alcoholic.

I've been sober for over 10 months. I was/am a middle-stage alcoholic. I abandoned the terms "high bottom" and "functioning" since those terms are actually rather meaningless.

I joined AA because I couldn't quit on my own. My "controlled drinking" experiments were starting to fail more often and decided to admit the problem was unmanageable with will power alone.

30 days in, I realized I either get a sponsor or go back to the wine. I got a sponsor. He and I recently completed my 12th step talk, so I've been through them once. I've had a psychic change, and nurture sobriety every day. Taking commitments, fellowship, speaking, and whatever else I can do.

I share at another forum, but it's a general sobriety one, and I joined here for specific AA work.

Thanks for having this forum up.
PaleMale

Postby jzarvey » Mon Oct 10, 2011 11:54 pm

Welcome PaleMale.

Congratulations on 10 months. There is a lot of wisdom on this board. I visit often, but post infrequently. I have learned a lot from the people here and continue to learn each time I log on.

Jim H.
jzarvey

Return to 12 Steps