- Step 6 - Character Defects

Step 6 - Character Defects

12 Steps: Discussions related to the 12 Steps and using them as a treatment to recover from alcohol and drug addiction.

Postby Dallas » Wed Oct 19, 2011 8:58 pm

I wish that would have worked for me. But, I guess a few of us have to work and ask for it to be removed.
Dallas
Site Admin

Postby timebomb72 » Wed Oct 19, 2011 9:05 pm

I'm not implying that it was not work, or that it is not a continual process, but instead of making a long list of "defects" it was simpler to focus on the items in my inventory that I felt kept me blocked off from God and others.
timebomb72

Postby Dallas » Thu Oct 20, 2011 9:07 am

Thanks for the clarification. It is a simple process. And, at times, God does seem to, for the most part simply remove the stuff that's too big for me to handle, and helps me with all of it through the 12 Steps and a lot of work and amends -- (the way it usually works for me). Sometimes, I do meet people that tell me that God did it all for them and that they didn't have to do anything. And, for a long time I had a struggle with "If God makes it so easy for them -- why does He pick on me and make it so hard for me?" :lol:

For a long time -- even in sobriety -- it took me a lot of time to get over the idea that God was out to get me and that He was continually making my life difficult and hard. I had to finally look at it from an angle of "Okay. Maybe some people are God's special people and He might help them more than me, but I don't think He's out to get me." And, then, I reminded myself, that I had made a commitment and a promise that I would be willing to go to any lengths -- regardless of the any, to do whatever I had to do, to achieve and maintain my sobriety. So, I became grateful, that at least I would be able to do something -- and take some actions -- that would cause me to stay sober.

One thing is for sure ... I don't have it all figured out. :lol:
Dallas
Site Admin

Previous

Return to 12 Steps