- What did booze ever do for you?

What did booze ever do for you?

Help for alcohol abuse addiction alcoholics who want to stay sober

What did booze ever do for you?

Postby Toast » Fri Oct 28, 2011 12:33 pm

In a nutshell all it ever done for me was make me mentally ill. :?

So if i dont want to be ill like that again i just stay away from the stuff! :lol:

Love,light,laughter! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Last edited by Toast on Sun Oct 30, 2011 2:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
Toast

Postby Dallas » Fri Oct 28, 2011 1:03 pm

It gave me a life that was worth living. It was my Higher Power. It did for me what I could not do for myself. It was a loyal friend. Confident. Comrade. Wife. Lover. Soul mate. I couldn't live w/out it. That's why it was so hard for me to leave it alone. My life was horrible without it. And, I achieved great successes with it. I could go on and on. If I wasn't alcoholic -- I'd still be drinking it.

However... with ALL that said... In SOBRIETY, through the 12 Steps... I'm now getting in Life everything that alcohol used to do for me -- and more. In SOBRIETY I have discovered everything that I was looking for in the bottle. :wink:

Dallas
Dallas
Site Admin

Postby duncan75 » Sat Oct 29, 2011 1:31 am

It was a great thing alcohol, it was my voice when I couldn't get out what I needed to say sober. It was also kind enough to help me get tossed out of Ex fiances house and for the next 2 yrs do some couch surfing. I finally settled down on a river bank for awhile. I pray now to just let it be his will and not my own on a daily basis. If I start running the show again, I'll be right back on that river bank.
duncan75

Postby Dallas » Sat Oct 29, 2011 8:28 am

I understand. :wink: Welcome to the forum! And, thanks for sharing.
Dallas
Site Admin

Postby sunlight » Sat Oct 29, 2011 10:16 am

It got me drunk; which was just what I wanted it to do. And the faster the better!

When I was new, I heard so many people say in meetings that alcohol stopped working for them. That was not true for me. Alcohol worked for me right to the end: it got me smashed.

The problem was that there were times I did not want to get drunk. There were even times I did not want to drink. But I could not not drink! I was compelled to drink. There was no choice. I was a slave to alcohol, so just leave me alone & let me drink & die, cuz you don't understand.

That beautiful moment of clarity arrived & I acted on it & went to my 1st AA meeting. There I found people who did understand. They told me there was a solution & that I never needed to drink again if I didn't want to.

Becoming part of the fellowship of the Spirit and taking the steps proved the truth of what they said. I no longer wanted to drink, nor did I need to get drunk. Imagine that, for an alcoholic! :D

Thanks for the topic. When I see your username I always think of the lady whose bottom was when she burned the toast. :? It takes what it takes! :lol:
sunlight

Postby Dallas » Sat Oct 29, 2011 4:01 pm

Nice to hear from you sunlight. Thanks for sharing. :wink:
Dallas
Site Admin

Postby Toast » Sun Oct 30, 2011 2:38 am

Booze made me a ' Nearly Man.' 8)

I was a very ambitious drunk and the drunker i got the more these ambitions seemed to excellerate! :shock:

When drinking i 'nearly' done this and i 'nearly' done that and i 'nearly' went there and i 'nearly' became a......? But i always had a little drink 1st and ended up doing nothing but more drinking and being nothing but a bigger drunk :?

Until i found AA :lol: :lol:
Toast

Postby Dallas » Sun Oct 30, 2011 8:52 am

:lol: :lol: I understand.
Dallas
Site Admin

Return to Help for alcoholics who want to stay sober