- Sober and about to be fired! WHY???

Sober and about to be fired! WHY???

Discussions related to 12 Step Recovery and Treatment

Sober and about to be fired! WHY???

Postby burchill » Mon Nov 07, 2011 5:06 pm

So, I have been sober for 2 years now, the reason for getting sober because now I have a wonderful 18 mth old baby that I would do anything for. And today came to a build at work with my quality of work I am a cabinet maker and a high end cab entry shop. Previously worked on multi million dollar yacths doing custom cabinetry, now after being sober for two years my work is really starting to suffer and its stupid thing forgetting a lot rushing, and my quality of work is really lack and the bosses has given me two weeks notice smarten up or I am gone, but GOD I can't seem to get focused its almost like when I use to try to quit drinking ill stop ill quit this time and stay sober now i am just using that same thing with work it will get better Ill be more focuses pay more attention and that only works for about and 1 before I start rushing before I screw something up I don't know what to do. MY head is still so clouded.
burchill

Postby cue » Mon Nov 07, 2011 7:05 pm

You seem to be rushing. How is your daily meditation?
cue

Re: about to be fired! WHY???

Postby Camel » Tue Nov 08, 2011 3:34 pm

burchill wrote:So, I have been sober for 2 years now, the reason for getting sober because now I have a wonderful 18 mth old baby that I would do anything for. And today came to a build at work with my quality of work I am a cabinet maker and a high end cab entry shop. Previously worked on multi million dollar yacths doing custom cabinetry, now after being sober for two years my work is really starting to suffer and its stupid thing forgetting a lot rushing, and my quality of work is really lack and the bosses has given me two weeks notice smarten up or I am gone, but GOD I can't seem to get focused its almost like when I use to try to quit drinking ill stop ill quit this time and stay sober now i am just using that same thing with work it will get better Ill be more focuses pay more attention and that only works for about and 1 before I start rushing before I screw something up I don't know what to do. MY head is still so clouded.

I seriously doubt your work is suffering because you are sober, my friend. You are a craftsman. Most of us are outstanding in our vocations. I'd bet you are one of the best at what you do. Just slow down and look where you've come from. There is only one way to do a thing right, and a thousand ways to do it wrong. Slow down and listen to that small, still voice. Hang in there. We're pullin' for ya'!

Hub
Camel

Postby Dallas » Thu Nov 10, 2011 4:21 pm

Welcome to the site. Great to hear from you.

Dallas
Dallas
Site Admin

Postby agnostholic » Mon Apr 30, 2012 1:09 am

Have you seen your doctor to enquire about ADD? I have recently started treatment for it (as an adult) and can tell the difference. I would strongly suggest you at least have a chat with your doc and ask about ADD or perhaps he/she will have other ideas for you. But what you describe sounds a lot like my own expereince.
agnostholic

Postby Dallas » Mon Apr 30, 2012 12:16 pm

Welcome to the site agnostholic! Thanks for sharing.
Dallas
Dallas
Site Admin

Return to 12 Step Treatment and Recovery