- Looking for a Sponsor in MI. Preferabbly near Lansing.

Looking for a Sponsor in MI. Preferabbly near Lansing.

Discussions related to Sponsors, Sponsoring, Working with others,

Looking for a Sponsor in MI. Preferabbly near Lansing.

Postby cuberth » Tue Sep 13, 2011 9:20 am

I've been going from meeting to meeting so much and still haven't found a sponsor. Because of my work schedule I've just been able to make the same few spots but go often in hopes of finding one. Are there any males in the Lansing area or at least in MI that would be willing to sponsor? Preferably with some strong sobriety for a three or more years. That's the biggest thing for me. I don't want to drink again. Last time it almost killed me. And the time before that. I've been sober since March, I am SERIOUS. I do not want to drink any more, but have my days when a sponsor could really help. I'm young, 21. But this disease has me.
cuberth

Postby Dallas » Tue Sep 13, 2011 1:58 pm

I'll check around and see if I can locate someone in the Lansing area.
Dallas
Site Admin

Postby Dallas » Tue Sep 13, 2011 9:35 pm

I sent you a Private Message and an Email, with a contact for you in MI. Please keep me in the loop and let me know how things work out. He's expecting your call.

Dallas
Dallas
Site Admin

Postby Michael » Wed Nov 16, 2011 9:06 pm

Hey, Cuberth. My name is Michael and I am a grateful recovering alcoholic...in Lansing. You have an extensive network of recovery here. There are three "clubs" - West, East and South as well as many regularly scheduled non-club sites throughout the city and area. In all there are approximately 400 meetings each week. Each club can provide you with a meeting schedule or meeting directory. I'm told that the South club has an active young peoples group which may be of interest to you. I'm 5 years sober and though substantially older than you, would be willing to chat and see if I can help you in the process or lead you to someone who can. Glad that you are here.
I wish you no luck. For there is no luck in this process. Thankfully, my luck ended when I entered the program. From then on it's been lacing up the recovery work boots each day and going to work on a continuum of recovery. I value the spiritual nature of the program as it relates to working a step and living the underlying principle. My observation is that meeting makers make it to meetings, step takers get sober and practitioners of the principles live soberly. Keep coming back.
Michael

Return to Sponsors Forum