- What do you do on a sober date?

What do you do on a sober date?

Topics and discussions related to being single and or dating while in recovery

Postby angel143 » Wed Jun 17, 2009 2:18 pm

You boys are cracking me up....keepin me in stitches you are!!!

H
angel143

Postby JayWalker » Sun Jun 28, 2009 5:05 pm

"What do you do on a sober date?"

The question is the answer. Stay sober and date.

JayWalker
Chapter 3
JayWalker

Postby tim-one » Mon Jun 29, 2009 6:20 am

Going way back in this thread ...

1. My experience with search engines is that they usually pick the one word that hits like DATING. Maybe some o'them drunks need to accidentally see this site! :wink:

2. I think this is fine. We have PM here. Anybody interested can make the move and maybe score an eddress to share pictures. Kinda like getting a number on a napkin or matchbook in a bar. I, for one, know how THAT works. :roll:

Like I said before ...

I don't know why one alkie would want to date another alkie.

WE'RE INSANE!

OHyeah ... I NEEEEED me summa THAT !!!! :shock:

Just kidn. Not too soon, of course, but if I'm staying spiritually fit and doin' the deal daily, and I see another female type person doin' the same, I expect to find a girl who's trying to be the best she can be like me.

No, I didn't say I AM the best ... just tryin'. I found plenty of girls I was attracted to in bars just to find out that I was the one who looked better at closin' time.

In AA I'm seeing those girls without their "makeup". BEEEE-FRIGN-UTIFUL women in AA.

Humility looks so good on all of us, huh? I'm getn purtier every day. And so are you. It was that godawful makeup. echk.

Anyway ... I don't date. Just another one of those rules from my wife, like putting the seat down. Go figure. :roll:

Love y'all,
Tim1

Love,
Tim1
tim-one

been awhile

Postby angel143 » Thu Nov 24, 2011 11:36 pm

Well....its been a couple years since I have posted here. I have gotten on and read as a guest...but not posted. I was learning how to grow up and do this sober thing. I'm doing good!

Dallas had made a comment awhile back, that he had to delete because it upset some people lol. But it was along the lines of waiting till I had a year to be datable (he wasn't being mean just looking out for me). But now, I realize, that wasn't saying that I wasn't datable...but that I needed a year for myself to get my own head right. I have 2.5 yrs now...and I'm just getting to where I feel like I can handle somthing serious. It takes time...and lots of work....to get right with yourself.

Thank you to everyone that was, and is here for me. And thank you to Dallas...for always seeing in me what it took years for me to find.

I love all of you and I'm thankful for you.
Angel....Heaher....and all of the other names you guys gave me way back when lol
angel143

Postby Dallas » Sat Nov 26, 2011 10:23 am

didn't someone once refer to you as candy or ice cream or something like that? :lol: :lol:

So... are you saying your "legal" now? :lol:
Dallas
Site Admin

Postby angel143 » Sat Nov 26, 2011 5:22 pm

hahahahah....

Yes Dallas, at one point you boys did refer to me as some sort of dessert treat. I cant remember what.

Cess called me something like a blossoming flower or something.

You are all so wonderful and great at making people fell at home and loved.

And yes, I suppose I am "legal" now lol
angel143

Postby Dallas » Sat Nov 26, 2011 9:19 pm

Is a license and a deer tag required? :lol: :lol:

We've really missed you here! You always brought me and the others so much cheerfulness, fun and laughter, inspiration, hope, and hopes for you, too, that helped us stay out of our own heads.

Soooooooooooooo nice to see you here, Heather!
Dallas
Site Admin

Postby angel143 » Sun Nov 27, 2011 7:38 pm

Wait a minute....are you calling me livestock? or Prey? lol

I dont believe a license OR a deer tag are required, however, that is subject to change based on my rules and wants at the time lolol. Im a woman, thats allowed.

Thank you for the kind words Dallas. And thank you for always being there for me....
angel143

Postby Dallas » Sun Nov 27, 2011 11:47 pm

Dang, Heather! I got sidetracked at an AA meeting and on the way to the meeting I was thinking, "Geeezzzz! I've got to get back there and delete the above message I posted before you see it!" :lol: :lol:
Dallas
Site Admin

Postby angel143 » Mon Nov 28, 2011 1:56 am

Ahhh phooey Dallas!

There is nothing that needs deleted! It was funny. That's why I was joking with you. You know I don't get offended easily ;-)

Now....just don't be grabing for the shot gun when you see me comin! Bullets not required for this hunting hahaahhaaa

Goodnight.
angel143

PreviousNext

Return to Single and Dating in Recovery