- doing for me what I can't do for myself

doing for me what I can't do for myself

Help for alcohol abuse addiction alcoholics who want to stay sober

doing for me what I can't do for myself

Postby sparklek » Tue Nov 29, 2011 2:47 am

Krystal, alcoholic. I just wanted to share about the loving God I found here in AA. This year in my sobriety has been FULL of changes. Leaving Egypt during the start of their revolution, being out of work, losing my father suddenly, and breaking up with a boyfriend I was leaving with. In the past, ANY of these events would have been worth drinking over. In my present life I have no desire to take a drink! Imagine that!!!???? Me, that use to drink NO MATTER WHAT?? I found a Power here through the Steps that works....much better than alcohol or me.

Through the Steps and the willingness to continue seeking my God, I have found a peace. Now through all this change, I was CRAZY but putting one foot in front of the other with the guidance of my God and the help of you all, I made it to the other side.

I find myself taken care of abundantly no matter what I think. My fears have become silly in the face of the God working in my life.
sparklek

Postby Dallas » Tue Nov 29, 2011 7:17 am

I understand and relate. :wink: Thanks for sharing.
Dallas
Site Admin

Return to Help for alcoholics who want to stay sober