- New to AA and this forum

New to AA and this forum

Introduce yourself or read introductions from others!

New to AA and this forum

Postby newme45 » Fri Jan 06, 2012 2:25 pm

I posted to the introduction thread and saw that I may need to post as new topic. So I am new to AA and new on the journey to sobriety. I am having a tough time now because i am also going thru a breakup and naturally I would love to just be drunk all the time to numb myself a bit. But it is good to know that these forums are here and reading the posts will help me. I am looking forward to hopefully getting to know some of you. I could use some friends that don't drink!
newme45

Postby Dallas » Fri Jan 06, 2012 7:28 pm

Welcome to the forum!!! I'm grateful that you're here. I haven't seen your other post yet.

Well... you've got some sober friends here that don't drink! :lol: And, we care about you!

I've gone through some breakups in sobriety and I know how tough they can be. They nearly killed me! But, I got through to the other side of them, and I stayed sober. I did just what it looks like you are doing -- I surrounded myself in the middle of AA friends -- and they got me through it.

One of the things I've noticed about AA's is: we may not always be close with one another and we don't always know one another -- but, when one of us has a problem, or one of us is hurting -- if we let the others know, it's like calling in the Calvary! And, we hang close with each other during the tough times.

If you need another phone number of someone to call and talk to about what's going on -- let me know. I'll send you my phone number in a Private Message, and you can call anytime day or night.

You've got friends. :wink:

Best wishes for you,

Dallas
Dallas
Site Admin

Congratulations on being NEW

Postby Mdavis » Fri Jan 06, 2012 10:33 pm

I remember how hard it was in the beginning. I just went to a meeting every day. Just stay. We arent kidding when we say one day at a time!!
Mdavis

Thank you so much for the responses

Postby newme45 » Sat Jan 07, 2012 11:25 pm

It is so good to know there are people that can relate and understand. It helps so much. I made it thru the day without drinking. So yea it is one day at a time.
newme45

Postby Dallas » Sun Jan 08, 2012 12:08 am

Thanks for the update! Good to hear from you and great to hear that you've made it another day!!!!
Dallas
Site Admin

Postby sparklek » Sun Jan 08, 2012 7:42 am

newbe, congrats on another day sober! It is a precious gift.
sparklek

Return to Alcoholics and addicts in Recovery