- Chapter 11 - A VISION FOR YOU

Chapter 11 - A VISION FOR YOU

Alcoholics Anonymous AA Big Book Study and Discussion.

Postby djserenity » Thu May 19, 2011 7:21 pm

I miss hearing this we always read it at the meetings I went to. I always offered to read at the meeting, it gave me a special spiritual feeling.
djserenity

Postby Serenity Seeker » Fri Jan 27, 2012 3:33 pm

My heart Goes out when I read the part about having contact with Bill W. (and of course those who helped in the program to write this). Sometimes in my prayers I thank God for placing this gift upon Bill W. and making it available to me. I can sometimes even invision Bill W.'s face with God and feel their presence on my knees.

Our book is meant to be suggestive only. We realize we know only a little. God will constantly disclose more to you and to us. Ask Him in your morning meditation what you can do each day for the man who is still sick. The answers will come, if your own house is in order. But obviously you cannot transmit something you haven't got. See to it that your relationship with Him is right, and great events will come to pass for you and countless others. This is the Great Fact for us.

Even though the book states it is meant to be suggestive only I remember another part of the book that tells me in my words that if I want to remain sober and start a new way of life a few simple rules (steps) are required. For me only, this has helped lift any fear or reservations I had about working these steps. I have been into action ever since. It is so true that God does disclose more to us, if I reach to him and enhance my relationship with him, and ask.

Abandon yourself to God as you understand God. Admit your faults to Him and to your fellows. Clear away the wreckage of your past. Give freely of what you find and join us. We shall be with you in the Fellowship of the Spirit, and you will surely meet some of us as you trudge the Road of Happy Destiny.

[b]They truly are with us in the Fellowship of the Spirit. I am thankful for this program, all of you, the book and most of all a relationship with God as I never understood him before. [/b

]May God bless you and keep you-until then. [/i]

Serenity Seeker

Previous

Return to Big Book Study