- AA Campgrounds?

AA Campgrounds?

12 Step related events

AA Campgrounds?

Postby flea » Thu Feb 02, 2012 9:05 am

Hi all,

I know there is one in Florida, but I'm not planning on being that far south.

How about other states? I'm usually in Ohio and Western PA but do get around. I'm headed toward central and western Tennessee tomorrow. Normally, I stay right at flea markets but might need a campground or two on this trip due to unfamiliarity with the area and the cold.

I realize AA doesn't own the campgrounds but, like some other businesses, the one in Florida displays the triangle in a circle logo for those who understand. There must be others.

Dallas, I didn't know where to put this, so...

Thanks,
flea
flea

Postby Dallas » Thu Feb 02, 2012 11:39 am

I can't think of a better place to put it flea. It's a really good question and it would be wonderful -- if others will post what they know. Wow! It would be great to have a little "AA Sober Directory" of campgrounds and other places to stay!
Dallas
Site Admin

Postby flea » Wed Feb 29, 2012 7:52 am

I was hoping to find something similar but what the heck. Dalton, GA and the surrounding area down to Collinsville, AL is reasonably warm and the scenery is beautiful. I'll hang around for another month or two.

I realized I forgot to put contact information for the one I do know about.

It is Dewey World in Bunnell, Florida 32110. Bunnell is on the east coast about 50 miles south of Jacksonville.

There are meetings every night. It is not a "regular" campground like I thought but private property. They allow those in the program to stay overnight and only ask for a donation. I forgot to ask if they have rv hook ups. When I called they said it was fine to post their phone number. It's 3eight6 43seven5nine0one. I hope that fools the "bot" snoopy thingys.

Too bad it's about 500 miles from me- maybe next year.

flea
flea

Return to Recovery Related Special Events