- 6 months sober

6 months sober

Discussions related to 12 Step Recovery and Treatment

6 months sober

Postby crickit » Sun Aug 14, 2005 2:46 pm

Hi everyone. Just wanted to let everyone know that I reached the 6 month mark today. I know I have a long way to go but damn I feel good about the last six months.

HAPPY 24 HOURS
Crickit

Also wanted to wish Dallas a very happy belly button birthday today. You deserve all the best for all you have to offer. Have a great 24 hours.
crickit

Postby Dallas » Sun Aug 14, 2005 7:28 pm

Crickit!!! Congrats on your six months!!!

I'm really happy for you and proud of you for all your actions that have produced such a tremendous growth in you just since I've known you!!!

I hope that a double scoop of ice cream and a cup cake are in order for your 6 months celebration!!!

Believe me... I know how difficult that first 6 months can be. I was only able to make it 5 1/2 months my first time... I celebrated early.

The strangest thing to me was the fact that I had started drinking when I had every intention of not drinking. I was so detrained that I would not drink... my friends in AA said that I would drink because I hadn't taken my First Step!

I got so mad at them that I said “I’ll show you! I’ll stay sober in spite of what you say! And, I’ll prove that you are wrong about me!â€
Dallas
Site Admin

Postby crickit » Sun Aug 14, 2005 9:30 pm

Thanks Dallas. I guess I'm just too much of a perfectionist. When I came to AA it was my last chance. I don't ever want to have to go back and start over again. I want to get it right the first time.

It's funny, I was so anxious about this day coming and now that it's here I realize it's just another 24 hours. And I don't have to do this for another 6 months. No matter what happens I know I can stay sober for another 24 hours and that's all that matters today.

So today has been a great day. Hubby decided he couldn't push my buttons anymore (and he tried really hard yesterday) so he got mad and left first thing this morning to go to work :) not my problem !!! My bird, Dagda is finally taking his treat from my hand. Will actually come to the front of the cage when I say 'treat'. Maggie (my new dog) is getting really comfortable around the house and has learned to 'sit' on command now and will come and let me know when she needs to go outside. And tonight I'm going over to my sponsors house to do some more work on my 4th step.

HAPPY 24 HOURS
Crickit
crickit

congratulations

Postby Rusty Zipper » Mon Aug 15, 2005 12:24 am

hey, Crickit, a big, big, 6-month hug goes out to ya. KCB.and my bro, a Happy Birthday to you! ... getting it the first time. ya, it's only the first time as long as we let The Power Greater help keep us honest, and guide us. at my meeting tonight at The Panal of Experts! lol. the girl that was leading the meeting was telling about all the in, and out's of five years of trying. the other night, the same girl was pouring her heart out about her strugles. i tell her that once i came to beleve. it was a lot easier to stay away from a drink. she told tonight of wanting to go to the liquer store. she called a number of people, and no responce. she was cleaning and found a 1/2 filled bottle. she poured it down the drain. someone she used to roam with came to the door and asked if he could stay for the night. he said he had some stuff, and it would be her's if she let him stay. he said he was broke. to make it short, she gave him a cigarette, and told him never to come around this place again. her topic was "Temptation" well last night was her first comeing to believe. we all told her that if you just keep comeing, and try. it wil happen. the mirical. this girl has seen that it was HP that kept her away from "Temptation". she now has a beginning towards her happy destiny! ... congrat's. again xoxo Rusty, aka PC
Rusty Zipper

one more thing

Postby Rusty Zipper » Mon Aug 15, 2005 12:27 am

hey Cricket, one more thing. i was told that for today, it's about you. tommorow back to recovery :wink: PC
Rusty Zipper

Postby crickit » Tue Aug 16, 2005 12:36 pm

Heh Rusty, it's always about my recovery LOL :D

HAPPY 24 HOURS

Crickit
crickit

Well...

Postby monkey1000 » Wed Oct 12, 2005 4:43 pm

Thanks Dallas. I guess I'm just too much of a perfectionist. When I came to AA it was my last chance. I don't ever want to have to go back and start over again. I want to get it right the first time.

But i just can't understand it...
monkey1000

Postby crickit » Thu Oct 13, 2005 2:09 pm

Hi Monkey; What is it you don't understand. Maybe we can all help.

When I first came into AA I didn't get it. I questioned everything that was told to me and even critisized the Big Book for being outdated and chauvanistic.

The one thing I did do is stop drinking, went to meetings, got a sponsor, got a home group and got active and of course, joined this message board LOL.

Everyday I learned something new. I kept asking questions and starting listening to what everyone said. Regardless of whether or not I agreed or understood I started 'testing' out these peoples theories and low and behold things started to come together. For me it became very easy. I changed my perception of things and and started to think outside of myself. When stressful things still continued to pop up into my life I would say the serinity prayer and decided from that what action I needed to take even if it was just accepted the situation and letting go.

It made a big difference for me when I finally realized I wasn't alone. We are all here for you Monkey.

KEEP COMING BACK
Crickit
crickit

HI HI

Postby Angel » Fri Oct 14, 2005 1:23 am

Hey Monkey..My name is Angel :D .. I know the program can be perplexing at first..that's why it's suggested that you do the meeting, after the meeting and before..ASK QUESTIONS..try to show up early to chat with folks, ask the questions that are on your mind. Get a sponsor, if you don't have one. There's know shame in not knowing..we've all been where you are..All you have to know right now is .."DON'T DRINK AND GO TO MEETINGS" "SUIT UP, SHOW UP, PULL UP A SEAT, SIT DOWN AND LISTEN.." You just might hear something you need..Start reading the B.B. (if you haven't already) The first 164 pgs. contain some amazing stuff. Good Luck..and stay close..

Your Friend in Recovery..Angel :wink:
Angel

Hey all

Postby 918gma » Sat Oct 15, 2005 1:55 am

Just trying to catch up. Six Months. Cricket that's awsome. I can't believe it. You've done so much in that time too. Lots of bricks layed for your new life.

It's so cool to sit back and watch our lives come together. It happens in ways we would have never thought of.

Any way sorry this pat on the back is late but I'm here and as happy for you as I can be.
918gma

Next

Return to 12 Step Treatment and Recovery