- Daily Check-In

Daily Check-In

Introduce yourself or read introductions from others!

Postby Dallas » Fri Oct 21, 2011 10:47 am

Congrats norohs! Nice to hear you're doing well! Thanks for the update!
Dallas
Site Admin

It's been awhile but I'm still sober!

Postby PeaceJoy » Mon Nov 07, 2011 12:40 pm

I dropped off the list quite awhile ago but thought I would check back in. Life got crazy and I continued to work the steps. I got through them and am focusing on steps 8-12 right now. In December I lost my job. Fortunately got another one right away, but not the one I really wanted. I worked there a month and the one I wanted called me in for an interview. I worked closely with my sponsor through the stressful transitions. After a month at the new job my husband of 21 yrs. who has his own addiction problems, said he wanted a divorce and had found someone else. This was a good thing really but was a huge blow. I stayed sober. I worked closely with my sponsor(s) and scrounged up the money to move out. Only 1 of my teenagers came with me but my other 2 live about 2 miles away so they can come see me any time. I moved out in May, 2011 and then my sobriety got a bit shaky. I wanted to drink to numb the hurt, anger, depression, fear of economic insecurity. I didn't drink. I have received so much support from my AA sisters that I can't ever thank them enough. This is truly an amazing program! I have made friends who lift me up and root for me and call me on my ####. Today I am 18 months sober and have lived to tell about it. :D I have a sponsee and that is truly an amazing process to watch and be a part of. It is getting me to more meetings and getting me to go through the Big Book again. Truly amazing program..........thanks for my sobriety.

PeaceJoy~
PeaceJoy

Postby cue » Mon Nov 07, 2011 7:07 pm

Amazing Peacejoy! Thanks for sharing.
cue

Crickets are chirping

Postby PeaceJoy » Wed Nov 09, 2011 7:21 pm

It's really quiet around the board. Where did everybody go?

PeaceJoy~
PeaceJoy

Postby Pebbles » Wed Nov 09, 2011 11:21 pm

Thank you for your share PeaceJoy-Living life on life's terms isn't easy sometimes, but it's much easier to do it while sober, than to drink again......there's absolutely nothing happening in my life that is worth taking a drink over.
Pebbles

Postby Dallas » Thu Nov 10, 2011 3:47 pm

I've been on the road for the last few days and it has been more difficult to log in and post -- but, I do log in to check for new messages and new members. I hope all is well for you and for everyone else. I'm in Los Angeles, and just got to go to my Home Group's big speaker meeting last night. Felt like I was in heaven! Nothing like being in a meeting w/ over 1,000 enthusiastic AA's enjoying the sunlight of the spirit!
Dallas
Site Admin

Postby dimples12562 » Wed Feb 22, 2012 9:26 am

Checking in!!!! No one has checked in for some time! almost 5 years Sober only to find out that due to NOT working the steps I have NO, NONE. NOTTA, ZILTCH Emotional Sobriety!!! It almost took me back out. Got a Sponsor and an honest heart. Workin Step 3 now and things are looking MUCH better!!!
~P
dimples12562

Postby Dallas » Wed Feb 22, 2012 5:16 pm

:wink:

Thanks for checking in.

I think maybe we need to start a new check-in page.
What do you think?

We could also use a new coffee person, too!
And, someone to cover making announcements...

Wishing the best for you and the rest of the gang here.

Dallas
Dallas
Site Admin

Postby dimples12562 » Thu Feb 23, 2012 8:19 am

Dallas wrote::wink:

Thanks for checking in. YOU'RE MOST WELCOME!!
I think maybe we need to start a new check-in page.
What do you think?

We could also use a new coffee person, too!
And, someone to cover making announcements...

What would this entail? I would love to be involved!! I can log on from work and ck things in between calls (I'm the tax collector for my home state :( ) as long as they don't block me from doin it and it doesn't require a LOT of time, I can give it some thoughtWishing the best for you and the rest of the gang here.
:P
Dallas
dimples12562

Postby Dallas » Thu Feb 23, 2012 10:21 am

All it takes is -- log in. Start a new topic or post. Something that's interesting to you and fire us up to comment.

Also, if you hear of any AA related events, like workshops, conventions, round-ups -- let us know about them.

Welcome new members.

Check up on old members -- ask them to let us know if they're okay.

We used to have someone that helped out by gathering event info and posting it -- and then we'd put it on the main events page -- but, haven't seen them or heard from them in a while.

Brew a pot of coffee once in a while. Maybe pick up some donuts. :lol: We like donuts. :lol:

Share your experience, strength, hope.

Thanks for asking! And, thanks for your participation! When someone shares -- it's always a tremendous help for me!

It helps me keep my mind on the things I want (sobriety, happy, joyous, free) and off the things I don't want (thinking about my problems). :wink:
Dallas
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to Alcoholics and addicts in Recovery