- 1st-3rd steps

1st-3rd steps

12 Steps: Discussions related to the 12 Steps and using them as a treatment to recover from alcohol and drug addiction.

Postby Dallas » Sat Feb 25, 2012 10:49 am

Good morning Hub! Good morning Paula!
Nice to wake up and read your posts!

"Step 1: My eyes opened this morning. My heart is still beating. I went to sleep sober. I woke up sober. I better go to a meeting. I wonder what the topic will be?

Step 2: My eyes opened this morning. My heart is still beating. I went to sleep sober. I woke up sober. I better go to a meeting. I wonder what the topic will be?

Step 3: My eyes opened this morning. My heart is still beating. I went to sleep sober. I woke up sober. I better go to a meeting. I wonder what the topic will be?

Step 4: My day really sucks. My boss was angry at me. I feel crappy. My ex found a new ex. My car won't start. Bill collectors are calling. Why isn't my life getting any better? I mean... I didn't drink today!

Step 5: Finally! Lunch time! Where will I go for lunch? I'm really hungry. Phone message from another one of those danged AA's. Can't talk to them now. Geez... I'm thirsty! Meeting tonight. I wonder what the topic will be? Yes... I think I'll stop in at the liquor store for breath mints... Onions on my sandwich. Got to keep my breath fresh. Oh! Look how pretty those little cans are! Nice bottles, too! I feel better just looking at them! Wow! Didn't even need to open it and I feel better already. Wow... My eyes opened this morning. My heart is still beating. I went to sleep sober. I woke up sober. I better go to a meeting. I wonder what the topic will be? What's the use? What's the point? I've been going to meetings all this time -- staying sober. I feel crappy. My breath stinks from lunch. That sure is a cute chick behind the counter. Look at her smile! She probably knows I'm sober. I know -- she thinks I'm weird. I better buy a bottle, I won't drink it, I'll just buy it to prove to her that I'm not weird. Oh crap! What if she thinks I'm sober?

Step 6: Woke up this morning. My heart is still beating. Looked at the clock... it's 5 pm. Gee. The message light is blinking. Dang, a bunch of people called me! Ooops. There's my bosses number on the list. Why'd he call me last night? Oh, he called this morning. Why did he call this morning -- isn't it still morning? Ut-ho! Where'd that empty bottle come from? How'd it get on my coffee table? It's empty! Was someone here last night? I wonder what the topic was at that meeting. Am I still sober? Did I forget to go to work today? Ut-ho! I think I screwed up big time!

Step 7: I better go to the meeting tonight. Just look at me! Someone might think I've been drinking! I better look real good to prove them wrong. When they ask me 'What step are you on?' Hmmm. Better think about this! Oh yeah. I must be on Step 7! I already did One, Two, and Three... Didn't I? Oh yeah. Remember to tell them how good I'm doing, too!"

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

If nothing changes -- nothing changes.

It wasn't until I hit bottom so hard, and so deep -- that I couldn't get back up -- that I realized... "I think I need to forget everything I think know about AA, the Steps, and Staying sober!" and figure out "Why isn't this working for me?" Before... I could take the steps... And, it wasn't until AFTER I began doing it differently -- and did it different, for a while -- that it finally started making sense to me.

Sobriety... can be a real long and painful learning curve for the one's that are like me. I'm sooooo grateful, that they continued to tell me "Keep coming back!" Because I had no where else to go!
Dallas
Site Admin

Previous

Return to 12 Steps