- SOBRIETY CHECK IN

SOBRIETY CHECK IN

Help for alcohol abuse addiction alcoholics who want to stay sober

SOBRIETY CHECK IN

Postby dimples12562 » Fri Feb 24, 2012 10:07 am

Dallas wrote:All it takes is -- log in. Start a new topic or post. Something that's interesting to you and fire us up to comment.

Also, if you hear of any AA related events, like workshops, conventions, round-ups -- let us know about them.

Welcome new members.

Check up on old members -- ask them to let us know if they're okay.

We used to have someone that helped out by gathering event info and posting it -- and then we'd put it on the main events page -- but, haven't seen them or heard from them in a while.

Brew a pot of coffee once in a while. Maybe pick up some donuts. :lol: We like donuts. :lol:

Share your experience, strength, hope.

Thanks for asking! And, thanks for your participation! When someone shares -- it's always a tremendous help for me!

It helps me keep my mind on the things I want (sobriety, happy, joyous, free) and off the things I don't want (thinking about my problems). :wink:

Coffee's on & Doughnuts are on the table...I'm leanin back in my seat and I got my feet (such a rebel without a clue that I am)

Hey there Family! I'm Paula (P to me friends) I'm an alcoholic!! TGIF!!!!
Poppin in an out during the day (I'm at work) got a break now so I will run to smoke a cig (my last vice if you aint countin ice cream)
:lol:
dimples12562

Postby dimples12562 » Sat Feb 25, 2012 8:57 am

Welcome to the weekend folks!! Coffee, smoke, shower then off to a meeting w/ Spons at New Pilgram!!! After that I'm gonna take my sweet lil baby girl Abbie (Lab mix, 80lbs of hard lovin lol) to the dog park and watch her romp & play!! THIS I GET TO DO BECAUSE I AM SOBER THIS MORNING!! :D

I'll be checkin in later to read up and share!! I hope to see y'all 'round!!
~P
dimples12562

Postby Dallas » Sat Feb 25, 2012 11:00 am

Good morning Paula! (Sorry, I can't bring myself to call you ~P!) :lol: Well, maybe I can change! I could start by calling you "Ha P!" :lol:

I just wanted to let you know that I'm really grateful to have woke up this morning, and came here and read all of your wonderful posts!

Thanks for making my day! I appreciate you!

Yep! Time for me to check-in, too! Day # 9,233... so far, and in a row, too! With your help -- I just might make it to 9,234!

Thanks for being here for me!

Dallas
Dallas
Site Admin

Postby dimples12562 » Sat Feb 25, 2012 12:53 pm

LOL P is NOT required!! I only say that because some have gotten to callin me that :D Call me P, call me HA P (love that!) or just call me Paula :D Just as long as ya call me :D
~P
dimples12562

Postby Toast » Sat Feb 25, 2012 1:19 pm

Is that a silent 'P' as in swimming? :wink:
Toast

Postby dimples12562 » Sat Feb 25, 2012 3:58 pm

Toast wrote:Is that a silent 'P' as in swimming? :wink:

LMAO NOT much silent about anything I do.... :oops: I usually am makin some kinda ruckus...knockin over coffee's, trippin over my own feet (not the most graceful girl in the class lol)
dimples12562

Postby Toast » Sat Feb 25, 2012 4:14 pm

Know what you mean Paula, just checked the oil on my car today, put my glasses on top of the radiator ledge to read the dip stick then put it back in and slammed down the hood right on top of my glasses. There was bits of glass flying everywhere!!

But being a truely humble guy my 1st thought was ' i hope none of my neighbours saw that!' :lol:
Toast

Postby dimples12562 » Sat Feb 25, 2012 10:59 pm

ohhhhhh nooooooo!! Good thing we can laugh at these things huh? LOL Hope you had an extra pair 8)
dimples12562

Postby Dallas » Sun Feb 26, 2012 12:31 pm

Wow. I guess I was already thinking of what might been worse than that, Toast! I thought I had been cured of that! :lol: Yep. It could have been MY glasses that would have made it worse than that! :lol:

Happy Sunday, Sober friends! Just checking in. Yep. Still sober. Who would have thunk that? :lol:

One of the things I STILL love most about sobriety is: I went to bed sober last night and didn't have a fight -- I woke up Sunday morning Sober -- and not w/ a hangover, and not having some highly civilized looking, all dressed up in their Sunday best, normal family, (husband, wife and kids) headed out to church and finding me in their flower bed! :lol:

Sunday mornings were always the toughest and most shame-filled day day of the week for me -- before sobriety.

I am so grateful this morning -- that I don't have to live like that today!
Dallas
Site Admin

Postby dimples12562 » Sun Feb 26, 2012 2:00 pm

Amen to that Dallas!! Good afternoon!! Checkin in Sober today! :) Its been lazy but thats OK. Gotta run to the store for a few supplies and then 4oclock meeting w/Spons and a few of my Sobriety Sisters (Spons calls us that, I like it) :D Hope everyone is having a great day!!
~P
dimples12562

Next

Return to Help for alcoholics who want to stay sober