- SOBRIETY CHECK IN

SOBRIETY CHECK IN

Help for alcohol abuse addiction alcoholics who want to stay sober

Postby dimples12562 » Mon Feb 27, 2012 8:51 am

Good Monday Morning :D I'm at work Grateful to be employed!! AND waitin on the weekend!! lol Changing things up in my morning routine. I am going to start saying the 3rd Step Prayer every morning!!
~P
dimples12562

Postby Dallas » Mon Feb 27, 2012 9:43 am

Good morning Paula, Toast, and to all the anonymous people reading this -- that I'll probably never hear from (but we know you're there!! :lol:

Yep. I'm grateful that I'm working, too! Even more grateful to be getting paid to work! :lol:

Paula, thanks for sharing the new routine. It gave me a fresh idea of something I used to do -- that I'm sure I'd enjoy doing again!

I used to carry a little card around w/ me that had the 3rd Step prayer on one side -- and the 7th Step prayer on the other side. I'll bet I'd read that little card 50 to 100 times during the day! It seemed to do for me, what the Serenity Prayer seemed to do for other people. And, it set up a new pattern of action and thinking in my head -- that became a habit for me. A good habit! :wink:

It also seemed like, the more I read it -- the more I got from it -- even though the words never changed.

I guess I got away from reading it on the card, after it became part of my memory. And, now that you've brought it up -- I'm thinking "I want to start doing that again! Reading it -- rather than just reciting it."

Wow! You gave me some direction today and probably neither one of us expected that one! Hows that saying go? "Expect the Unexpected?" :wink:
Dallas
Site Admin

Postby dimples12562 » Mon Feb 27, 2012 9:54 am

[quote="Dallas"]
It also seemed like, the more I read it -- the more I got from it -- even though the words never changed.
[quote]

Aint that the truth!!!!!!
dimples12562

Postby Dallas » Tue Feb 28, 2012 1:33 pm

I'm here! I'm still sober! But, for a loving God, the program and Fellowship of AA -- which includes, for me, every single one of you -- that would not be possible for a guy like me. THANK YOU!
Dallas
Site Admin

Postby dimples12562 » Tue Feb 28, 2012 1:44 pm

HOLY MOLY!!!! I forggot to check in!!!! I'm here...at work :? :lol:
lovin life!!!
dimples12562

Postby dimples12562 » Tue Feb 28, 2012 1:51 pm

feelin really good about a really bad speaker meeting last night. The guy went on and on with one complaint after another about AA...hmmmm not much ESH goin on and I wondered what encouraged the speaker seeker to invite him....I must say that I worked really hard to find some good in the message and I did get something even if it was to be encouraged by my new found ability to not set him straight... LMAO!!
dimples12562

Postby Dallas » Tue Feb 28, 2012 2:18 pm

I understand.

I double double understand! :lol:

I've been the guy that talked too negatively -- and I've been the one that was upset by him -- I've been the one who wanted to shut him up -- and I've been the one that was grateful that I didn't say something about it. (when it really was the other guy).

Gees. Who turned the lights on? :lol:
Dallas
Site Admin

Postby dimples12562 » Tue Feb 28, 2012 2:51 pm

Dallas...you rock!! BIG HUGSSSSSSSSSS for you my friend!!! You so get it!!!
~P
dimples12562

Postby dimples12562 » Wed Feb 29, 2012 8:56 am

Good morning group!!! Glad to be here this morning!! Checking in from work :) I'm excited always on Wed's because I have a great meeting to go to this evening at 8pm. LOTS of good stuff always going on in the room!! Whos going to a meeting today? tonight?
~P
dimples12562

Postby Dallas » Wed Feb 29, 2012 1:19 pm

Hey dimples, if someone doesn't join in here w/ us -- we're gonna risk bonding. :lol: :lol:

I may catch a 6 pm meeting. I worked nearly all night and much of the morning. What I need now is a nap.

I've been writing some training manuals for an online educational site -- and, I hate to write. :lol: It's been requiring a lot of intense research into scientific stuff too -- and my eyes need a rest. I used to didn't mind it -- when both my eyes were still good. :wink:
Dallas
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to Help for alcoholics who want to stay sober