- Help for alcoholics who want to achieve sobriety

Help for alcoholics who want to achieve sobriety

Help for alcohol abuse addiction alcoholics who want to stay sober

Postby Dallas » Sat Nov 26, 2011 9:20 am

It's best to make contact w/ the local Intergroup or Central Office of AA nearest the area that you live and ask them which meetings are open meetings and which one they suggest you attend with your particular request.

In Mass. you can get info to connect someone on this page:
http://www.step12.com/massachusetts.html that can specifically help you with the information. They have AA volunteers that work in the offices. If the volunteer doesn't seem to know the answer to your questions ask to speak to the Office Manager. In addition to answering your specific questions they will have literature available, books and meeting directories. The good thing about making contact w/ the Central Office first is: you'll make a local AA connection. A friend that can help guide you into finding other information as well.

Best wishes,

Dallas B.
Dallas
Site Admin

Postby billytneedshelp » Sat Nov 26, 2011 11:53 am

Thanks Keith and Dallas you guys have really made feel better to know that there is actually someone out there who has been there and can help,like i said i always did it on my own , but never really changed me and that doesnt work,what made me realize that was my friend at work who knew i hadnt drank in a year but said i was still the same person who seemed agtiated or not happy ,of coarse i didnt realize that and thought i was doing fine ,he called me a dry drunk wich I didnt know what that really meant and pissed me off, i went home and looked it up on the web and realized he was right! I wasnt drinking but nothing else really changed,so thanks again and i will let you know how my first meeting went
billytneedshelp

Postby LynnPinn » Wed Mar 07, 2012 9:07 pm

I need a sponser> I have been an alcoholic for too many years....scared to go to a meeting ...would love to have a friend in east dallas.

Please call 213 878 5233
LynnPinn

Postby Dallas » Thu Mar 08, 2012 4:35 am

Welcome to the site, LynnPinn, I hope that you find what you're looking for.

Yes. Some of those meetings are really scary! It can almost seem like Halloween night! Goblins. Monsters and witches! :lol: But, most of them -- will be sober. :wink: And, I'm sure that for most of them -- in the beginning, it was pretty scary for them, too!

Please feel free and encouraged to hang out here with us until you do find what you're looking for. And, also I hope you'll hang out here with us, afterwards, too!

Wishing the best for you!

Dallas
Dallas
Site Admin

Postby netanya » Tue Mar 13, 2012 8:37 am

Hello everyone. I've decided I'm in the 2nd stage of alcoholism and need to stop now before it progresses. I'm tired of waking up in dread wondering how I got to bed. Hey, good rhyme. I'm going to a meeting tonight so I need to stay sober until then. Here's a question... If I'm still buzzed from last night's binge, do I still count this as day one?
netanya

Day 2

Postby netanya » Wed Mar 14, 2012 7:25 am

Thanks Keith. I woke up clear headed today:> Nice to have a message waiting for me. Today will be harder than yesterday. I have gone one day sober many times but I usually break down by the second or third. This time I'm going to meetings. I found a great one last night. The quote that stuck with me is, "Anything I put before AA will be lost."
netanya

Postby Dallas » Wed Mar 14, 2012 8:44 am

Welcome to the site netanya!

I have a similar saying (and belief), its:

"Anything I put before sobriety will be lost."

Great to have you here w/ us. I look forward to seeing you here more often.

Dallas
Dallas
Site Admin

2 days sober

Postby netanya » Wed Mar 14, 2012 7:14 pm

Today I went to 3 meetings and I did a hard work out. Normally I would be craving by now. My body is relaxed from sweating so much and my mind is mellow from the meetings. Good night everyone.
netanya

Postby Dallas » Wed Mar 14, 2012 9:02 pm

Good night! Exercise and workouts do help!

Best wishes for you;,

Dallas
Dallas
Site Admin

Postby netanya » Thu Mar 15, 2012 6:52 am

Thanks Dallas. And good morning. I didn't sleep as well as I wanted. I had nightmares of trying to run away from Death. I don't need a shrink to tell me that Death is Alcohol.
netanya

PreviousNext

Return to Help for alcoholics who want to stay sober