- Help for alcoholics who want to achieve sobriety

Help for alcoholics who want to achieve sobriety

Help for alcohol abuse addiction alcoholics who want to stay sober

Postby Dallas » Thu Mar 15, 2012 8:00 am

That's just what I was thinking! :wink:

On the day that I got sober, I was having a very vidid hallucinations of a huge snake wrapped around my body -- and I was trying to hold it's head back from biting me in the neck. For me, that snake represented my alcoholism.

The cool part of your dream? You were running AWAY from it!

Best wishes for you as you go through the day!

Remember -- you got us here and we're in all-out mode to support you!!!

Dallas
Dallas
Site Admin

Postby netanya » Thu Mar 15, 2012 8:45 am

Hey Dallas. Man I hate snakes! Glad to know you relate. I am sore today from yesterday's workout. The cool part is I took an ibuprophen and feel better. Why is that so cool? Well, I have a condition that occasionally causes me much pain. Ibuprophen helps but I didn't take it because I was afraid of liver damage due to the amount of booze I drank. Messed up thinking, I know. Today is almost pain free. Who woulda thunk it. :shock:
netanya

Postby Dallas » Thu Mar 15, 2012 10:28 am

:lol: :lol: :lol:

I understand.

When I first got sober I was afraid to take any kind of pills, even vitamins because I thought it might trigger me into wanting to pop some other stuff. And, I was TERRIFIED that I'd end up drinking again. I was hanging on like a loose thread on a pair of jeans! :lol:

I wish I had gotten into workouts and exercise right away as a newcomer. I was struggling so hard -- and I didn't know the workouts and exercise would have helped as much as they do.

Wishing you the best!

Dallas
Dallas
Site Admin

Re: Help for alcoholics who want to achieve sobriety

Postby pfpizzano » Thu Mar 22, 2012 12:17 pm

hi, im frank, and im an allcy/drug addict, and im looking for some meetings in the texas city area. if anyone knows where i could find one it would be great.
pfpizzano

Postby Camel » Thu Mar 22, 2012 12:32 pm

pfpizzano wrote:hi, im frank, and im an allcy/drug addict, and im looking for some meetings in the texas city area. if anyone knows where i could find one it would be great.

Hey, Frank, me too! I haven't been everywhere, but I've been a lot of places. I have never failed to find a meeting. The phone book and internet work well. I was in a little town once on business, and the number for AA in the yellow pages had been disconnected. I drove around, and saw a Methodist preacher outside the Church. I stopped and asked him if he knew where I could find an AA meeting. He told me there was one there at 8:00 that night. Seek and ye shall find. Meeting makers make it.

Hub
Camel

Postby Dallas » Fri Apr 06, 2012 4:13 pm

Thank you for your kindness Keith. I appreciate you.
Dallas
Site Admin

Previous

Return to Help for alcoholics who want to stay sober