- Honesty

Honesty

Experiences along the way that bring us closer to our Higher Power

Honesty

Postby 918gma » Mon Aug 15, 2005 12:58 am

I attend a group that listens to the Joe and Charlie tapes. If any one ever gets the chance to hear them. Take it. They are geat. They simplify the progam. And explain so much.

Any way, the last tape I listened to was about step 5. Going to an open minded close mouth friend. Preferably your sponsor. Step 5 is about honesty. I never looked at it in this way before. We as alcoholics have a problem with honesty. That I knew. But the biggest problem with honesty is recognizing our inablitiy to be honest with ourselfs. That's why all this stuff we are working on and collecting has to be gone over with another person. I can't always see when I'm not being honest with myself. I have spent so many years selling my crap that I never realised, I bought all of it too. In fact I bought more than I sold. Imagine that.
918gma

Postby Tim » Mon Aug 15, 2005 3:23 am

I have Joe McQ's book, The Steps We Took, which is from the Joe and Charlie 12 Step Seminars. Excellent book! I have quite a collection of 12 Steps books that I have picked up during my sobriety.
Tim

Arn't they great

Postby 918gma » Mon Aug 15, 2005 1:06 pm

Thanks for responding. I haven't been able to touch base with you yet. This is a great opportunity. I have discovered that tapes, sometimes really help explain things. You can read some thing several times, then listen to a tape about it and it takes on a whole new meaning. Thanks again
918gma

Postby Al S. » Sat Aug 27, 2005 3:21 pm

So good to see fellow alcoholics in recovery utilizing the Joe and Charlie material.
Their presentation of the Big Book played a major roll in having some understanding
of the book along with the simplicity of the program early in sobriety. We use Joe's book in
conjunction with the 12 x 12 and the Big Book in our annual step series. have always
found it very helpful.

If you have a chance attend one of their weekend Big Book studies. A lot of information for one weekend but well worth it. Have been to three, Two with the original Joe and Charlie and one with
a different Joe. Have always walked out of the weekend with new insights about myself and a clearer understanding of the 12 steps.

They also have a set of video's which is the same information. We started using
the videos about six years ago in a new comers meeting and the results have been incredible.
Have found that the newer person is able to maintain a higher level of concentration when
watching the videos rather than trying to listen to the tapes. Just an observation when chairing
the meeting. Not necessarily true for everyone.
Al S.

Video's

Postby 918gma » Sun Aug 28, 2005 12:39 am

The Videos sound great I will have to check into them myself. I had an oportunity to see them live and I passed it up before I realized how awsome an experience it would have Thanks for sharing. Keep 'em comming.
918gma

Return to Sobriety and Moments of Clarity