- Number of sponsee's

Number of sponsee's

Discussions related to Sponsors, Sponsoring, Working with others,

Number of sponsee's

Postby Frananne » Tue Mar 20, 2012 9:36 pm

I am just over 2 months sober and doing well with the program. My sponsor has 5 sponsee's. It is not easy to meet with her or get her on the phone. A couple of her other sponsee's are having a rough patch right now. I am beginning to feel that I need someone who is not working with so many at one time.is it unusual for her to have so many?
Frananne

Re: Number of sponsee's

Postby Dallas » Wed Mar 21, 2012 1:24 am

I don't know what "usual" is. I know some men & women who sponsor literally dozens of sponsees. And, I know others, who can barely get by w/ sponsoring one. :-) It depends on the sponsor. How long they have been sponsoring. How well they sponsor. And, how strong they've developed those that they are sponsoring.

One of the good things about being sponsored by a sponsor that has many sponsees (if they are solid AA's) is: it's like a family. You've got brothers & sisters in sobriety that also help you and the sponsor.

On the flip side -- you'll have an occasionally Ego driven person that feels personally inadequate or "less than" if they don't have a string of newcomer sponsees around them.

Good sponsors are not easy to come by. That's why I've done ALL that I can do -- to hang on to mine. :-) He's the best in all of AA. And, men like me -- die w/out sponsors like him. Not all alkies are like "the men like me" -- some, get the program very easy and fast and grow w/ very little sponsor effort. Some even do well w/out a sponsor. But, those I've seen that do well w/out a sponsor -- actually -- it could be said that "they are using a few AA's as their sponsors."

With all that said -- it probably doesn't help you, w/ the rest of your question. (That only covered "the usual or unusual" part).

Sobriety rule #1 = It's your life. It's your sobriety. And, quite possibly -- your life depends upon your sobriety.

Sobriety rule #2 = Use anything and anyone who can help you to achieve & maintain your sobriety -- and to assist you to grow in understanding & effectiveness. Regardless if you call them a sponsor or not.

Have you met your sponsors sponsor? You may want to get to know your sponsors sponsor, because that's like your "Grand Sponsor." (Yep. We got grandmas, grandpaws, babies & grandkids.) LOL.

One thing that all of us alkies have in common is (especially when we're new): we want lots of attention. A few of us, actually do need the attention. And, there are some of us who are attention starved. (We have a dis-ease called "more" -- a little is not enough). :-)

I hope you've gotten a little bit out of what I answered. I'm sure it probably helped me more, to answer, than it helped you to read it. That's not intentional. I wish I could help you and everyone -- but, I realize, I'm usually of very little help, but it sure does help me to "try".

Hopefully, someone will come along here and offer you some better answers. Until then -- anything I can do to help, just yell at me. :-)

btw: Wishing the best for you! And, thank you for participating & asking your question!

I appreciate you.

Dallas
Dallas
Site Admin

Postby Frananne » Wed Mar 21, 2012 6:53 am

Dear Dallas,
Thank you for your response. I have met my sponsor's current sponsor and like her . With being day 65 of Mission Sobreity I am meeting a lot of people by doing the 90 mtgs in 90 days. I do call others with questions from time to time. I am shy as I think many of us are and have to push myself a little to chat with people. I do not have a problem sharing in meetings however.

I have ended up going out with others whom my sponsor is sponsoring in order to have time with my sponsor. That would be okay if I were not having a problem that day. Unfortunately Sunday I really needed to just talk to my sponsor and not be social for an hour first. I guess I need to find a few others whom I can talk to also for when my sponsor is just involved with others .

Thanks for being here. I am getting good advice from reading the forum.

God be with you today and every day.
Frananne
Frananne

Postby Dallas » Wed Mar 21, 2012 3:15 pm

Remember, we're always here for you, if you need or want anything special or additional. We'll give you ALL that we've got! The stronger you get -- the stronger we get. The better you get -- the better we get. ;-) So, we're here for you 24/7 ALWAYS.
Dallas
Site Admin

Return to Sponsors Forum