- Sober and It doesn't feel like a Good Friday?

Sober and It doesn't feel like a Good Friday?

Help for alcohol abuse addiction alcoholics who want to stay sober

Sober and It doesn't feel like a Good Friday?

Postby Dallas » Fri Apr 06, 2012 4:33 pm

It doesn't feel like a good Friday? Well. Honestly? Maybe it isn't a Good Friday. :-)

All of us sometimes have crappy days. There have been times when I had a few crappy days in a row. That's life. That happens. But, the good news is: we don't have to drink, drug, or slit our wrist over it. ;-)

We might go get a haircut or something to take our mind off of it. Or, if a lady (oh, I forgot, now-a-days I guess saying "lady" is not politically correct) -- you might get your nails done or something.

We can always just go sit in a corner and be miserable over it too, and feel really crappy, hoping that the day will pass and it will soon be another day that isn't so crappy.

The bottom line is: sober -- we have an option about what to do on a crappy day. Not sober -- we aint got a choice about it. We might feel good for about 3 to 5 minutes by having a drink or a drug, and spend the next 30 years with a crappy life. (If we're lucky). :-)

So cheer up. Face it. Accept it. And, move on. If you stay sober -- soon, you can look forward to some good days in front of you. If you don't? Well. We can only imagine.

Best wishes
Dallas B.
Dallas
Site Admin

Re: It doesn't feel like a Good Friday?

Postby Toast » Sat Apr 07, 2012 5:04 pm

You said it Dallas,

Sometimes i have crappy days but when drinking i had crappy years!

Love,light,laughter!
Toast

Return to Help for alcoholics who want to stay sober