- In sobriety, how often do you have those unexpected moments?

In sobriety, how often do you have those unexpected moments?

Expect the unexpected... or discovered the unsuspected?

In sobriety, how often do you have those unexpected moments?

Postby Dallas » Fri May 11, 2012 10:31 pm

Some people refer to them as "God-shots!" Some call it things like Synergy." Or, Synchronicity. It's where something is going on in your life -- and suddenly, the unexpected happens -- for the better, instead of for the worse?

Do they happen to you? Often? Occasionally? What do you think they are? What do you call it? Do you think it's just random happenings?

Thanks, in advance for sharing on it.

Dallas
Dallas
Site Admin

Re: In sobriety, how often do you have those unexpected mome

Postby RichC » Sun May 13, 2012 12:21 pm

Interesting question.
I find most the unwanted things that happen seem to be a culmination of things I created.
Knowing better that while I am doing them I am creating a situation that can lead to something I really don't want.

For instance we tend to join in on bashing other peoples faults, and venting when someone else places roadblocks in our path to goals we wish to achieve.
How many times have you told someone that "I wish that so and so would just keep their nose out of my business" or something to that effect?
Sure we all do these type things. Subconsciously many times.
Then later on we find out that there was a reason they stuck it in.
We all do these type things as it is human nature.

On the flip side I find I am accomplishing things I wanted to achieve and out of the blue I feel really good about myself when it is done.
Whether anyone else noted it or not didn't seem to matter.
Or I stated something to someone that later on made a difference to them in such a way that they later on thanked me for saying it. Even if I was totally unaware of the impact I had.
Those kind of things is what I am talking about.

Random?
No I think we set ourselves up for these type things.
Our Higher Power nudges us and we resist at times.
But sometimes we don't.
The thing to learn is how to recognize those times.
Tough to do!
Or is it?
I got no tricks in bag.
Do you?
RichC

Re: In sobriety, how often do you have those unexpected mome

Postby SereneJH4life » Tue May 22, 2012 2:52 pm

@Rich-thanks for sharing your thoughts on this...
I think that that "roadblocks" that are placed in the path of the goals WE wish to acheive are, 'divine interuption' (Joel Osteen) The goal WE want may not be what our Higher Power has planned for us. I dont think they are random either.
Not sure if this is a trick but...when I feel the urge to bash/vent/yell and scream when MY plan is interupted...I take a breath and think to myself..."something better is going to happen then what I planned"..an unexpected moment...
ps...usually this happens when Im driving...roadrage is a struggle for me
-jen
SereneJH4life

Return to Expect The Unexpected in Sobriety