- Greetings

Greetings

Introduce yourself or read introductions from others!

Greetings

Postby philosophyismydrug » Sat Jun 02, 2012 10:07 pm

Hello folks, I am not an addict nor do I suffer from such afflictions, however I am someone who knew a good friend that was what you might call a "textbook case." It is a long story but let's just say I am here to tell those of you about what it is you are up against if you don't find a way to liberate yourself for good. All this coming from someone who witnessed the death of an addict first hand.

I feel that at this point in my life I need to do some serious soul searching and work out my spiritual beliefs, and I hope through this I can get started and help make a positive contributing difference on the basis of my own experiences. Whenever I hear or read a story of someone dying from an overdose, I get chills up my spine. In short, I am nothing beyond someone who understands and has seen the seriousness of addiction and the truth behind the myths of it merely being a "mind over matter" struggle or a question of morals. So I hope those of you who are willing to listen to me will take my message to heart. This was reality and beyond that it was my worst nightmare come true.

Thank you for reading this. I will post my story involving the death of my friend here shortly.
philosophyismydrug

Return to Alcoholics and addicts in Recovery