- SOBRIETY CHECK IN

SOBRIETY CHECK IN

Help for alcohol abuse addiction alcoholics who want to stay sober

Re: DAILY SOBRIETY CHECK IN

Postby john boy » Wed Aug 15, 2012 7:10 am

Hi Folks....

Just finished rereading the Spiritual Experience in the appendices....so powerful. Was prompted to do so after someone used the phrase..."contempt prior to investigation" at a meeting yesterday. My initial thought/definition of contempt was strong disapproval and belligerence. Then I realized, for myself, it can be subtle as well. Like saying "well not really, that doesn't apply to me" <---Wait, perhaps that's my denial or delusion.

Today is better...I'm off to bottle feed the puppies...

best thoughts and love to all.

John
john boy

Postby Dallas » Wed Aug 15, 2012 7:58 am

the Spiritual Experience in the appendices: I love reading that. It produces a grounding effect for me. Maturity. And, an understanding of "what actually happened" -- to me, as a result of following certain actions. I now use it as my guide -- to help me better understand all the other chapters in the Big Book, and the 12 Steps. Love it! :-)
Dallas
Site Admin

Postby Toast » Thu Aug 16, 2012 2:23 pm

Evening all.

Batteries a bit low this week so i've booked myself a week off my work next week to do something different for a change.
I cant really afford it but then again i cant afford to keep heading in the direction in heading, all i can see up ahead is a collision. Becoming a workaholic again, think the place cant get bye without me. The perfectionist in the alcoholic gives us tons of work. We push people out the way saying ' i'll get that your not doing it right' then we end up doing the job of 3 men and resent them doing nothing when it was us that took their workload off them in the first place!

Time to reassess my bearings and check where my journeys taking me. Never got sober to be a wage slave, done that drinking and still ended up with nothing.

Be well
Toast

Postby john boy » Thu Aug 16, 2012 2:57 pm

Toast,

I did that dance too...even tho I no longer needed the income and the inevitable layoff was approaching. I was employee no.175 down from 2500....Helloooooooooo)

I was unable to muster the courage to resign. Eventually the day came when I was let go, what a relief. My career had taken a toll on myself and family...ugh.

So, as you share....I identify with feelings and can say those two very significant words..."me too"

take care,
John
john boy

Postby Toast » Thu Aug 16, 2012 3:41 pm

Thanks John Boy.

Its been my experience when my career is rocketing my home life is plummeting.
That's still something i have to watch out for and sometimes stand back from.

If i'd have stayed at work to clear my in-tray tonight i wouldnt have been home to watch my 1yr old granddaughter take her 1st steps, thats far too high a price to pay. Things like that happen only once, my in-tray will be full the day i die!

God Bless
Toast

Postby Frananne » Sat Aug 18, 2012 7:13 am

Hello everyone! It's been so long since I checked in that I had forgotten my ######! All is well in my life. Since last checking in I have gotten started on two ventures: I have gone into the jails once and prison once for AA meetings. These were for me to see how it is different from regular meetings. Next week I begin leading a meeting in the jail on a weekly basis. The other venture is I started leading a 11 th step meditation meeting at our club. This is the first one of that type my club has had. It is a small meeting but I get a lot out of it and pray that the others do too.

Lots of anxiety the last few weeks getting treatment set up through the insurance company rules but Sunday night I start treatment for hepatitis C. I am ready to do it. God grant us the courage to change what we can! So I will try to be cured. There is a79% chance that the treatment will cure the virus.

7 months sober on 8/16!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Frananne

Postby john boy » Sat Aug 18, 2012 7:51 am

Frananne,

Congratulations on your 7 months of sobriety....Super!....and for carrying the message into the institutions. Best wishes with your treatment, I admire your courage...Keep us posted in all you do.

love and best thoughts,
John
john boy

Postby Dallas » Mon Aug 20, 2012 1:32 am

Happy Sober Monday Morning!
Sorry I haven't been visible for the last few days.
I've been here checking in but not checking in. :lol:

I just tweaked some of the image files here -- hoping to get those little smilie critters working.
However... I think they are boycotting or something. :evil:

Wishing everyone a great day.
Dallas
Site Admin

Postby Toast » Mon Aug 20, 2012 3:35 am

Good day all, hopes alls well.

Frananne i hope your 1st treatment went well and wish you a speedy recovery.
When i read on here about the selfless work you are doing carrying the message i admire your courage all the more.

Just to let you know you have the greatest back-up force in the world praying for your recovery, the world wide fellowship of AA.

God Bless
Toast

Postby Toast » Mon Aug 20, 2012 3:46 am

Hi,

No work this week so i'm having a ball sitting here in my jim jams reading some wonderful posts and smoking a big fat cigar i bought myself yesterday. I'm not an everyday smoker, just holidays and special occasions.

Going brush up on my AA education this week plus other fun stuff. I'm always buying books on recovery then putting them under my bed and hoping i better by osmosis. Guess i'm not going to get better until i put some action in and stretch under the bed, fish them out and actually read some of them!

Have a wonderful week.

God Bless
Toast

PreviousNext

Return to Help for alcoholics who want to stay sober