- SOBRIETY CHECK IN

SOBRIETY CHECK IN

Help for alcohol abuse addiction alcoholics who want to stay sober

Re: DAILY SOBRIETY CHECK IN

Postby john boy » Mon Aug 20, 2012 9:53 am

HI Dallas,

Good to hear from you...and thanks for working on the image option....I have a pic of "Clancy" K. one of the pups I want to post. Thanks for all you do...

best thoughts,
John
john boy

Postby Camel » Mon Aug 20, 2012 10:13 am

The first thing out of my mouth when I wake up every morning is, "Thank you, Lord, for letting me wake up Sober this morning!" It is such a blessing, indeed, to wake up naturally as opposed to that "dope dog", snapping at me. Better yet, those "hell hounds." I am so thankful I don't have to live like that today. To God goes the credit.

Hub
Camel

Postby Frananne » Tue Aug 21, 2012 2:11 pm

Happy Tuesday! Some days I just feel happy and joyous, content with life. The laundry is done, i had a good run this am, spoke to a couple friends, I'm reading a book in the lv while my husband watches his favorite show on his iPad, and in a little while I will go to a meeting.

Contentment is a precious gift. Now if only I didn't have asthma so I could still smoke the occasional cigar! Used to smoke one from time to time with my cousins. At least I don't have to give up coffee!!!
Frananne

Postby Dallas » Wed Aug 22, 2012 9:45 am

:-) And, Happy Wednesday, too!

I love coffee. I tried to quit drinking coffee once -- and it nearly drove me back to drinking. :-)

I was in a convenience store with a couple of my neighbor buddies we had been fishing, and it was 100 degrees outside. They ran for the cold beverages and I ran for the coffee pot. When one of them commented "Dang! You're the only guy I know that will drink hot coffee on a hundred degree day!" I told him, "I drink the hot coffee because it keeps me away from the cold beer." LOL. He laughed, as the lady behind the counter gave me one of those looks, as if saying "I understand your type." LOL.

They caught fish. I caught bug bites and sunburn. But, I got my coffee!
Dallas
Site Admin

Postby Toast » Thu Aug 23, 2012 4:04 am

Good day fellow travellers.

That’s me on my second cigar in a week, thinks it’s becoming a habit.

Enjoyed my time contemplating my navel but I think it’s about time I stopped reading my local newspaper. I know it’s a bit parochial around here but some guys stud racing pigeon has failed to come home and its now front-page news!

It wont be the worlds first alcoholic pigeon will it?

They tell me it was the same when the Titanic went down, the headline back then read,
‘Local man lost at sea!’

Love, light, laughter!
Toast

Postby Toast » Fri Aug 24, 2012 8:14 am

Another very humanitarian post Keith, I really do like your style.

My first sponsor as you say ‘ ticked that box’ at least I could say I had one if I was ever asked. Turns out he wasn’t to keen on a programme that had saved his life and after a too many years trying to find peace of mind via the him quoting the works of great philosophers like Socrates, Plato and Aristotle I was just as nuts then as when I first came into AA. We parted company on the best of terms.

My second sponsor had a holy answer for everything. This maybe worked for him but it never done me any good. I believe if there’s a truck parked on your foot sometimes you’ve got the yell at the driver to ‘MOVE THE GODDAM TRUCK!’ Not pray for his ‘enlightenment.’ This one being a fire and brimstone type preacher has never quite forgiven me for not following his advice to the letter.

My third and current sponsor, been over 12 years now, is just what I needed. He doesn’t talk it so much as walk it in every aspect of his life. Be that his family life or his work life. He’s a few years younger than me in age and sobriety but I really do like his style. Nothing flash just good honest humble sobriety with lots of emphasis on when to say ‘NO’ to my ego or yell ‘MOVE THE GODDAM TRUCK’ and mean it.

He really did save my bacon a few years back. I was planning on buying a holiday apartment in Turkey so I could play the ex-pat game but my sponsor quite rightly pointed out it was just an ego trip, which I couldn’t afford, so I pulled out. And when we were in Turkey in June this year the very same apartments where in the news. Apparently the property developer built them on land he didn’t even own so now the real owner of the land wants mega bucks compensation for the new residents or he’s gonna legally knock them down!

If ever I doubt someone is looking after me………….!

Love, light, laughter!

John
Toast

Postby Dallas » Mon Aug 27, 2012 10:53 am

Happy Sober Monday!
Just checking in.
Work has been a real bear.
I'll be glad when it get's back to being like retired. :-)
But, it's "I owe, I owe, so off to work I go!" :-)
Wishing everyone well!
Dallas
Site Admin

Postby Toast » Tue Aug 28, 2012 4:02 pm

Hi, happy tuesday.

As said a few posts back, if some say you should wait 5 years before you go through the programme with a sponsor how come the guys who wrote the Big Book were only 4 years sober at the time? (think i read that on here somewhere?)

And another wee gem i found in a novel i'm reading that has nothing to do with AA. It's a piece of advice from and old guy to his young relation, it goes:

' The love of pleasure and the capacity to nourish resentment are closely allied.'

I just love that phrase, aint that so true!

Be well

John
Toast

Postby Toast » Fri Aug 31, 2012 5:09 am

Good day all.

Off work today with a ten pin bowling injury. ' Crossed the line' again and came crashing down on my butt trapping a nerve in my back, walking now is agony. Guess when the sign on the floor says 'don't stand here its slippy and dangerous' it means dont stand there it's slippy and dangerous?

The moral of the story is when a 12 year old rubs it in about how much she's beating you at bowling don't take the bait and go all out for revenge!

Love,light, laughter!
Toast

Postby Toast » Sat Sep 01, 2012 12:22 pm

Happy Saturday.

My youngest granddaughters 1st birthday party today, that means we suffered the usual hostilities from my son's in laws.
Can't seem to understand them, we've certainly done nothing to offend?

Guess the just don't like my wife and i ?

Can't believe they're my daughter in-laws parents, she's so nice and a lovely person but her mum has a face that would scare rats out a dumpster?

I think its all to do with money, my son's been bailing them out for years and i think she think's we'll get wise to it and put a stop to it. She's scared her cash cow comes to his senses and her gravy train hits the buffers. Which it will do if i've anything to do with it, ignorant witch!

Boy do i feel much better now!

Have a great weekend.
Toast

PreviousNext

Return to Help for alcoholics who want to stay sober