- SOBRIETY CHECK IN

SOBRIETY CHECK IN

Help for alcohol abuse addiction alcoholics who want to stay sober

Re: DAILY SOBRIETY CHECK IN

Postby Frananne » Mon Oct 01, 2012 7:07 pm

Wonder why the board is so quiet? No one has checked in for a couple days.

I had a good day. Made a noon meeting at my club. It was a good meeting. I was glad to be there. My mother-in-law is coming to visit for a week. My husband made chilli and I made a chocolate cake. She is from Seattle and elderly so I am very glad the weather is pleasant. This is an important visit as she is going to look at a place to move to here. She has finally made a decision that it is time. We are glad because she is 84! Although she has a good support network there it just seems time for her to be near us. Changes ahead come the spring when her current lease expires!

Happy sober October 1st!
Frananne

Postby Toast » Tue Oct 02, 2012 9:37 am

Hi,

Hey Keith i looked in here 10 minutes ago and you weren't here, you hiding around the corner till i left?

Enjoy your time with the old lady Frannane, i got a house across the road from my old mother when i was about 8 years sober, but i was climbing and falling off the corporate ladder back then and going into see her every night became a bit of a burden. Mainly because she was always telling me the truth saying i was being a fool and wasting my time playing the new corporate game at work but at the time my ego just wouldn't listen. Four years later she died as i sat holding her hand, i never realised she'd been so sick, was far too busy feeding my ego, she was so right.

The guys and me are planning a trip to our oldest and largest convention this weekend. It’s on Friday to Sunday but we’ll just take in the Saturday and stay for the singsong on the Saturday night. After the evening meeting its show time! Any members who can sing are given the chance to strut their stuff up on the stage. The only rule is no sad songs allowed, it has to be something the rest of us can try and dance too!

A few old boys do some traditional jolly marching songs about going off to war but even then everyone gets right behind them and gives it all they’ve got! It’s a really great laugh and a good opportunity to enjoy some really great fellowship!

Even God goes there. The last time I went for the 50th anniversary a few years back I was standing all alone in the tiny little AA bookshop someone had set up for the weekend. And who comes in the door but my 1st ever sponsor, a guy I hadn’t seen for years. Then as we chatted who else should come in the door but my 2nd ever sponsor, a guy I also lost contact with a few years before. These 2 guys had never met before but somehow only us 3 came to be standing in a tiny AA bookshop a few hundred miles from home, it sure spooked me?

But I did realise then I was indeed being looked after by a power greater than me!

Enjoying Life!

John
Toast

Postby sunlight » Tue Oct 02, 2012 2:55 pm

I'm checking in! Still spunky, serene (mostly) and sober.

Living life to the fullest. Learning a new facet to humility every day.Ccelebrating how sweet sobriety is when i let it be God's will, not mine.

When the board is quiet there are still many of us reading your posts and grateful for your messages. I appreciate all of you and wish I could post more!

Love & light,
sun
sunlight

Postby Frananne » Tue Oct 02, 2012 4:46 pm

So I am glad to read y'all's posts! I was a little worried about a couple of you; guess I think I know you even though we have yet to meet! Sounds like lots of changes at Keith's house! Our kids are on their own at the tender ages of 23 and 25 but I think we will be very careful before downsizing with today's economy being what it is. I am sorry for your kids' troubles.

Wow John that was something seeing your first two sponsors like that! Being still on my first I cannot imagine having someone else. I suppose you never know which way the wind will blow however. People do move around so these days.

At my club I lead a meditation meeting which is small and intimate and then I go to a few others that can be as many as 50 though generally about 30. I get different things from different meeting topics.

We looked at the senior retirement community for my mother-in- law and she liked it. I am glad as it is only 3 miles from our house. Now she needs to decide when! 2 months or 6!

Having a quite afternoon resting up a bit.
Frananne

Postby Toast » Wed Oct 03, 2012 2:21 am

Morning all,

Another new day today and another opportunity to start my life all over again.

Hope its the same for you.

Enjoying Life

John
Toast

Postby Frananne » Wed Oct 03, 2012 2:37 pm

]Good afternoon! Interesting thoughts Keith!

Very good day today. I love Wednesdays. I lead a meditation meeting in the morning. We started this two months ago. I thought initially that I would not do my usual prayer and meditation before the meeting but as it turns out I do my usual step 10 and 11 and then go to the meeting and do it with the group for another hour. This is powerful stuff. Somehow having 8 or 9 also meditating really enhances my contact with God. I always leave the meeting so incredibly filled.

Went to the gym and did some laps, stopped by church for a while and then home for some mild chores. Resting now. Hope to feel up to dragging my guitar out later. I broke a string and still have not restrung it.

Hope you are all happy, joyous, and free today. I feel like doing a little Snoopy dance myself.
Frananne

Postby Dallas » Wed Oct 03, 2012 2:59 pm

I keep it simple, and lump all my sicknesses into "it's the bird flu". :-)
Then, I don't have to think about keeping it straight and remembering IF it was cough, cold, flu, food poisoning, etc.

Sometimes, "just remembering when" is enough to make me sick. :-)
So, I avoid going there.
Dallas
Site Admin

Postby Toast » Thu Oct 04, 2012 1:06 pm

Hi,

Can you catch a cold by reading about it on the internet?

Think i've now got one and i aint been nowhere but here (and work) or maybe its a virus? And no not a computer one.

Hot lemon and early bed for me, feel flat as a pancake.

That'll teach me to get my hair cut on frosty mornings.

Be well

John
Toast

Postby Toast » Fri Oct 05, 2012 3:22 pm

Evening all,

A busy weekend upon us, just had my 29 yr old son and his family here for dinner. The same son who cut me out of his life for a few years when i was 10 year sober after he found out what a S.O.B i'd really been when i drank.

Nothing i could do about that but give time time and keep my life clean and structured along AA lines. So glad he's back in my life today, we get on really well and his 2 young kids are truely a gift from God.

Maybe he's back because he's a Dad now? My Dad died when i was 4 so as i never got the chance to know him i never missed him, until i became a Dad myself. Then i wanted him around to show him my 2 lovely kids to make him proud of me?

That's why today i never miss a chance to compliment him and his wife on how well they're doing and what a lovely family they have. Think i often went to bars drinking with old men (father figures?) looking for that?

Then again its kinda toughened us all up a bit so today we work all the harder and staying together as a family.

Guess that's just the way it had to be and thankfully its not like that today.

Off to a convention tomorrow, bring it on!

Enjoying Life

John
Toast

Postby Frananne » Sat Oct 06, 2012 8:24 pm

John,
I am so glad for you. My dad died when I was 15. What I wouldn't give to have him see his grandchildren all grown up, strong, smart, and beautiful. I did know him and miss him. He was an alcoholic but he loved us and worked hard every day of his life.I have many good memories and have made peace with the bad. Luckily I have two brothers and a sister who remind me of both my deceased parents , a blessing.

What a blessing for you to remeet your son in his children. It is truly a miracle when I see my AA friends who have rebuilt these relationships with their children. I am happy for them.

Good day today, 2 mile walk, coffee with my running club, good AA Women's meeting, made a pecan pie, really enjoyed my mother-in-law's company. She is here for two more days. She signed a lease and will move here in January. It has been a bit hectic this week with sorting out the apartment for her but she, my husband, and I are all happy with the results.

Happy Sober Saturday!
Frananne

PreviousNext

Return to Help for alcoholics who want to stay sober