- Sober Ditch Magnets

Sober Ditch Magnets

Discussions related to 12 Step Recovery and Treatment

Sober Ditch Magnets

Postby Dallas » Fri Oct 12, 2012 1:26 pm

Do you ever get the feeling that you're a Ditch Magnet? Trudging the Happy Destiny Highway -- then, like there is a pattern to it, you end up in the Ditch?

When I was newly sober -- my thoughts were "You know -- if I can just stay sober -- I'll stay out of the Ditch!" It was the assumption that -- drinking is my only problem! If I could just stay-stopped drinking, all my problems would be over!

Then, over and over and over again -- sober, and trudging the Happy Destiny Highway -- I'd find myself in a Ditch -- and it would be consuming all the energy I had to get out of the ditch.

Could that be a clue -- that physical sobriety -- is not enough, for some of us? Perhaps, we need something in addition, to physical sobriety?

True. Life is full of Ditches. And, maybe, it's just part of living to end up in ditches. That's understandable. But, landing in a ditch, sober, over and over and over again -- like there is a pattern to it, it might get harder and harder to to continue to conclude "Oh, well. That's just life?"

Dallas
Dallas
Site Admin

Re: Sober Ditch Magnets

Postby Toast » Sat Oct 13, 2012 4:54 am

A quality observation.

John
Toast

Postby AuntKron » Thu Oct 18, 2012 11:38 am

Good name for a band! Your site and blog rock!
AuntKron

Postby Dallas » Thu Oct 18, 2012 12:35 pm

Welcome to the site! I hadn't thought of it being a name for a band, but I have to agree -- it would be an awesome name for a band! LOL. In my younger days, playing music, if someone suggested the name "Ditch Magnets" I would have been in turmoil to decide "Ditch Magnets" or "Ditch Magots" LOL.
Dallas
Site Admin

Return to 12 Step Treatment and Recovery