- SOBRIETY CHECK IN

SOBRIETY CHECK IN

Help for alcohol abuse addiction alcoholics who want to stay sober

Re: DAILY SOBRIETY CHECK IN

Postby Toast » Sat Oct 13, 2012 4:53 am

Morning all,

Like you Frananne I wouldn’t like to lose any of my senses especially my sight. Guess I’m still selfish and self centred to a degree. I can accept Gods will for other people but if the same thing happened to me God and I would have a serious falling out!

But its good to share that stuff and get it out in the open. Guess the whole point of having a faith is so we can keep and even keel when unpleasant things happen in our lives. These are usually things we think will happen to other people but it begs the question if God loves all his children why should they happen to anyone?

Best of luck with your recovery, PS, was Looper any good? Its on every bill board over here.

Got a days work to do at home on the computer, this being my favourite distraction is holding me back, byeee!

Enjoying Life

John

PPS, think the G word you refer to Dallas could either be Greed or Gluttony, either one would fit the bill in my case. Sometimes I think the only predictable and stable part of my drinking character was my unpredictable instability.
Toast

Postby Toast » Mon Oct 15, 2012 3:13 am

Good morning all, beautiful autumn day here. The suns out, trees are a lovely colour and crystal clear skies are filled with thousands of geese going somewhere new for the winter.

Who told them it was time to go?

John
Toast

Postby Toast » Tue Oct 16, 2012 4:32 am

Hi, an anonymous good morning all, hope all’s well.

I say anonymous because lately in my AA world everyone seems to be chasing immortality by revealing their full names and claiming credit for things they’ve said they undoubtedly heard somewhere else?

Is that really what AA is all about, ego’s competing for ownership of knowledge and wisdom they never had when they came in here battered, bruised and bewildered?

Oh well, guess I’ll just leave them to it, as my sponsor says ‘ if you see something you’re not happy with in AA just make sure your not doing it.’

Enjoying life

John
Toast

Postby Frananne » Tue Oct 16, 2012 8:12 pm

Quite a few people in my home group do know my name. In the Correctional Facities committee work we use whole names so we can more easily contact each other.

I guess one thing I think about is that my home group meetings are all open. There are a lot of people who come and go. If everyone who comes and goes does not buy into the whole AA ball of wax regarding the traditions, how is my sharing really protected? I have decided that I must share to maintain Sobreity . If some loose cannon decides to break my anonymity outside the rooms in my community, what will be will be. I would like my privacy protected but not at the expense of what I gain in AA.

I don't usually refer to a person by name when repeating something I heard in a meeting that I found profound. I am too unlikely to not get it exactly right to "quote" someone else .

Ramble,ramble . Had a good day today. Picked up my nine month chip. Very, very glad about that.

Sorry that the seasonal allergies are bothering people!
Frananne

Postby Toast » Wed Oct 17, 2012 10:10 am

Congratulations Frananne on your 9 months, that sure is a long time for an alcoholic.

Thanks for the update Keith on the way things is done over your way, guess that’s why each group is allowed to be autonomous. No point splitting hairs over something like that.

Its only certain guys over here do that, maybe it’s a case of ‘familiarity breeds contempt’. Heard them a lot lately and I suppose they’ll feel the same about me. Like they say everyone in AA is ‘OK but…?’

Think I’ll just drop out that particular circle for a while and grow in a different direction.

Still enjoying life

John
Toast

Postby Frananne » Sat Oct 20, 2012 6:28 pm

Happy sober Saturday! Beautiful day in Sugar Land today! Feel pretty good today, optomistic about my treatment, enjoyed my women's meeting this am, felt well enough to swim after the meeting. I am grateful that I am able to swim a bit while treating as I feel the most like myself while in the pool.

Enjoyed talking to my daughter this afternoon. (on the phone) she is a cheerful person. Wish she lived 17 miles away instead of 1700. She made yogurt today. Ambitious! Hanging out with my main speed now watching Foley's War on Netflix. Interesting show!

Hope all had a good, serene day.
Frananne

Postby john boy » Mon Oct 22, 2012 6:10 am

Hello everyone,

I trust the weekend was good for all, it was good here in New York. As I vary my meetings I realize the benefit of the experience, strength, and hope others have to offer. Walking into a new meeting we get the "look" don't we? In some ways it is reminiscent of the early days when I came into the rooms. Not knowing anyone, wondering what folks think about me, etc. <-perhaps my EGO. is showing here. :wink:.

I often times need to be reminded of the things I've learned about myself and I get that when I hear others share...Yesterday I re-learned that I'm finally "okay" with who I am. God made me exactly the way he wants me to be. I am tall enough, my eyes are the correct color, and it is okay to be happy.

Thank you God and Alcoholics Anonymous.

Have a great day in sobriety everyone....

ps...Although I do not post here each day I do check in and carry your thoughts and strength with me as I go about my day...
john boy

Postby Dallas » Mon Oct 22, 2012 11:03 am

I'll bet you sure do miss those So. California meetings, aye, John Boy?
I sure do!

Dallas
Dallas
Site Admin

Postby Frananne » Mon Oct 22, 2012 4:09 pm

Nice to see some posts! I was just reading the Grapevine online and decided to see if anyone had checked in. It's funny how sometimes the stories in the magazine make me think about the program and other times not. Found them thought provoking today. One was about the chip system.

I found myself grasping that 30 day, that 60 day, that 90 day, and even the 6 month chip like a lifeline in a rough ocean. For my 9 month it just made me happy. I am really,really glad to be sober.

The article was interesting as it discussed the relapse issue. How would I feel about a new 30 day chip if I had to restart? Would it be the same powerful symbol? I only keep two chips: the 24 hour chip and the current reminder of how far I have traveled. My brother has a big pile of annual chips and I know the pile is meaningful to him.

Today has been a good day.
Frananne

Postby john boy » Tue Oct 23, 2012 6:15 am

Dallas wrote:I'll bet you sure do miss those So. California meetings, aye, John Boy?
I sure do!

Dallas

Yes, yes, and yes. I was thinking the other day of spending a couple of months back there this winter solely for the purpose of attending meetings where I got sober. I will forever have a fondness for the folks and those special rooms that introduced me to Alcoholics Anonymous, a God who loves me, and, a new way of life.

Have a great day in sobriety everyone.

john boy
john boy

PreviousNext

Return to Help for alcoholics who want to stay sober