- Alcoholic tantrum

Alcoholic tantrum

Alcoholics and Addicts sharing their personal recovery story with us to help others who want to recover.

Alcoholic tantrum

Postby wareagle10 » Sun Apr 09, 2006 5:51 pm

After 22 1/2 years you would think that I would have learned some patience and tolerance, not so!!! Have you ever started your day out with something happening and then it just kept going after that? I know what happens, one thing starts out and puts me in a bad mood, then I set myself up to have everything go bad after that.
I woke up with a bad upper back, you know the one right between your shoulder blades, no matter what you do you get a pain. Well that started it, I got a cup of coffee and went to pick it up and got a sharp shooting pain and spilled the coffee, HOT, all over my hand, IT HURT!! That started the series of events. I was making breakfast and was making some bacon/sausage and an omelete for my wife. I put the cheese on the eggs and went to fold it over and splashed hot butter on my hand which caused me to pull my hand back which sent a sharp shooting pain from my back down my arm and I dropped the omelet. half in the pan and half out, which hit the stove top and began to smolder from the cheese and butter. I picked that up and continued with my task, I finished the omelet and started to cook my eggs, over easy, but the pan was too hot and the egg stuck to the bottom and when I tried to slip the spatula under it the yoke broke, I picked up the GD egg and threw it into the sink and it hit with a splat throwing egg, yoke and butter everywhere, I'll clean it up later. I took out another egg and very carefully put it into the pan (after turning the heat down) and proceeded to pay attention to the other pan that had the sausage in it, I went to turn over the sausages and it spit at me with hot grease, I jumped back, yep, sharp pain in my back, I jerked and the sausage jumped out of the pan onto the stove top. I picked that little sucker up and deposited it with one fell swoop in the same direction as the egg with the broken yoke, it hit, splattered more yoke then broke in half and landed on the floor. Another clean up when I get through, damnit. I returned to the stove only to find the other egg now was crystallized because the pan had not yet cooled down, crap, throw another egg away, this time I took the pan over to the sink and gently pushed it out with the spatula, but now I had case hardened egg on the bottom of the pan, had to clean it out, turned on the cold water, yep, you guessed, cold water in a hot pan, smoke and steam along with popping water, I pulled back, pain shot through my back dropped the fkng pan on the floor full of water, went into my slipper, ####! I looked up toward the heavens and shot a finger in that direction, to cover my bet I also looked down towards Hades and flipped off the devil. I went back to the stove to find the hash browns were not brown, they are now crispy potato blacks. I finally got one egg out of four, no sausage or bacon (wife ate that, no hash browns, one piece of toast. I was putting grage jelly on the toast and the crap fell out of my hand and landed on top of the table, jelly side down of course, I picked it up and turned it over, getting jelly all over both hands, there was so much that my damn knife and fork were stuck to my fingers. My dog, a basenji, was looking at me and I thought, what the hell, the dog got my breakfast and I'm sitting here writing this whole damn episode on an empty stomach. It's not even Monday yet.
Have a good day. (sarcastically written)
Take care and straight ahead, John.

PS: But I didn't have to drink over it. Geez, I hate that line. Oh yeah, I've still got the clean up to do.
wareagle10

Postby Dallas » Mon Apr 10, 2006 2:18 am

Hey John,

If I were you, I would:

1. Stay on a strict water diet for a couple of days.
2. When that's over... eat breakfast only in restaurants.
3. Stay out of the kitchen!

You may have another hunger in you,
but you may not be able to survive another breakfast! :lol:

Sorry to hear that you're having those kinds of days after 22 1/2 years... I was hoping that if I got 22 1/2 years, life would be perfect by then!!!

I guess life happens... then, we go to Denny's!

Keep coming back! :wink:

Dallas
Last edited by Dallas on Sat Jan 27, 2007 11:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dallas
Site Admin

LMAO!!!

Postby blueangel » Mon Apr 10, 2006 2:34 am

And I thought I had days :lol: I always remember one very crucial thing. IHOP and waffle house are open 24/7. I don't cook since it makes no sense to cook for cats, because if I cook it they will come, and they get the feast and I end up with a menu in my hand everytime. I have nearly 3 grand of cookware and the last time I picked up a piece of it, was to swing it at a drunk which resulted in me having one less chair and the drunk with a good knot on the head:lol: Sorry, but I do get offended and defensive when the drunk swings at me and pops me in the mouth. I guess bad days never go away, I just go back to bed on them and start over. It doesn't always work but I just keep trying and when all else fails I do have my kitties to calm me down, hopefully before I do any damage.
I actually in a weird way like the bad days to make me that much more appreciative of the good days.
God Bless everyone and have a great 24, Kay :D
blueangel

tantrum

Postby wareagle10 » Mon Apr 10, 2006 11:03 pm

Dallas: you should have seen me before I got the 22 1/2 years. As they say "some are sicker than others", I guess I fit that statement. I really am better than I was. hahahahahaha!!!!

Blueangel: IHOP probably would be a better bet, as would Denny's, but you know, I think a well deserved display of temper once in a while does a person good. What do you think?

PS: Love this board.
wareagle10

Postby Dallas » Tue Apr 11, 2006 1:44 am

Hey John,

I totally agree with you... "I think a well deserved display of temper once in a while does a person good"... as long as it's another person, other than me... I think it's wonderful!!! So... John, you keep on keeping on, and I'll remember that the next time I desire to have a display of temper, I'll remind myself, that you deserve the good more than me! :lol:

Hope you had a great day today!

Dallas
Last edited by Dallas on Sat Jan 27, 2007 11:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dallas
Site Admin

DISPLAY OF TEMPER

Postby wareagle10 » Tue Apr 11, 2006 1:59 am

Well Dallas, you are right about "once in a while". Usually when mine kicks in, it is uncontrollable, always has been. It's one of my most glaring character defects, and, its probably the one that I entertain most often.
Wouldn't it be great if uncontrollable could be controllable? I have tried my best to bring my flash anger under some kind of restraint and it just is an overwhelming event that comes on with such strength that it seems it has to run its course. I generally try to get away from people so that I am the only one subjected to it. I used to break bottles in trash enclosures, that seemed to help, to watch something smash apart qeulled the emotion somehow.
Mostly though I have fewer and fewer attacks and they are furhter and further apart.
Sorry about your day, mine wasn't that bad.
wareagle10

Re: DISPLAY OF TEMPER

Postby blueangel » Tue Apr 11, 2006 2:20 am

wareagle10 wrote:Wouldn't it be great if uncontrollable could be controllable?

That sentence speaks volumes, BUT if the uncontrollable could be controlled I wouldn't be here as an alcoholic and former junkie. Till that day comes, the uncontrollable controlled, I just have to keep myself in check since this 5'3" girl rages and causes massive damage on her tears. trying to figure out where the hell I dump the bodies. :lol:
Have a great 24 everyone and God Bless, Kay
blueangel

controllable

Postby wareagle10 » Tue Apr 11, 2006 2:27 am

Hey, Kay; yeah, kind of my point I guess, if I could control I wouldn't need the program or the people, from that point I would still be a loser. Consider that I would never have found this board and all of you, what a loss for me. I would never have found a way to make my life easier and more enjoyable, to remember, to feel, to know, and just to be me. What a loss. So, since the uncontrollable can't be controlled (its really a contradiction in terms) I have had the joy of knowing you and all the rest, that's is a good thing for me.
wareagle10

Late responce

Postby 918gma » Sat Apr 22, 2006 7:59 pm

I should be keeping up on my posts better. Sorry this is late.

It sounds like my peanut butter and jelly story. And yes I have days like that all the time. Like you though, I can decided at any time to turn it back around and save whats left by starting over. What an awesome concept. It also helps to have people in your life that you can share a story like that, and they will be laughing so hard that tears are rolling down their eyes (like me) not because they think your nuts but because they know exactly what you are saying.

Thanks for sharing your totally human story with the rest of us totally human alcoholics.
918gma

Postby Rusty Zipper » Sun Apr 23, 2006 12:03 pm

you mean that chitz stil happens after 22 years :?: hey Mr J, you'l get a charge outadis1... other day, was bend'n ov'a... pick'n sumt'n off the floor, got up, Whacked my nog'n on corner of counter... ouch!... here comes the goose egg... yep, mild cuncunsion... at meets at night, some fool, ha! asks me what happen, i say... i was too full of my self to pay attention to what i was do'n... bottom line... who's the fool? .. dats right "ME".......... :roll: so glad to see after 22 years, i might stil be a fool... Ah, hahahaha, Ah, hahahaha......hey Mr J... got da book, tanks... i pm ya soon... i'm a popular guy... busy, busy, busy....Nah, all good stuff... always try'n to move foward... and "What the Bleep do i Know"......good movie, ev'a see it? all good wishes Mr J, try make'n toast, and of course, teach only love... Mr PC :wink:
Rusty Zipper

Next

Return to Addiction Recovery Stories