- SOBRIETY CHECK IN

SOBRIETY CHECK IN

Help for alcohol abuse addiction alcoholics who want to stay sober

Re: DAILY SOBRIETY CHECK IN

Postby Camel » Fri Dec 07, 2012 1:52 pm

If you leave it, you lose it! Meeting makers make it! Where the hell is everybody? Has everybody Graduated? Rots-o-Ruck! If nobody's told you they love you today, let me be the first! I love ya'! I am so grateful, and so thankful, to be clean and sober today, and not sick as a sore-eyed dog! God gets the credit for that, and the Working Tools and Fellowship of Alcoholics Anonymous. I wish each and everyone of you a Very Merry & Sober Christmas!!!!

Hub
Camel

Postby wendyanne74 » Wed Dec 12, 2012 6:21 am

Still sober and smiling in south Louisiana! I have decided to give up my second job because it was interfering with my meeting attendance. I wanted to be sober for so long before I was actually able to quit for good when I found A.A. that I know I don't ever want to go back to where I was. Sobriety is first in my life and I am willing to go to any length. So quitting my second job was the logical choice.

Last week was a struggle for me but with the help of my A.A. family and my Higher Power I made it through and a few others were allowed to keep their life as well haha. I LOVE this program and have never met truer people in my life before who helped me look at the big picture and assisted me in making decisions that were good for me. Not only in short term but in long term, and solutions I can be satisfied with when I lay my head down on my pillow. So many times I have shaken my head in wonder and think, " What have I done to deserve such a blessing?"

I hit my 16 month mark yesterday and I am a truly a grateful recovering alcoholic. Afffffreezing one at that! Sunday the temperature was 78 this morning it is 40 I feel like I was transported to another state. I moved south for a reason and even 40 is cold for me lol.

If I am not back again before the big day...Merry Christmas everyone!
wendyanne74

Postby john boy » Wed Dec 12, 2012 6:59 am

Greetings from New York everyone....

Good to see you Wendyanne. I like the comment you made regarding "truer people"... ain't that the truth? Congratulations on your 16 months of sobriety and the courage to quit your second job for the best of your sobriety.

Merry Christmas everyone!
john boy

Postby Dallas » Wed Dec 12, 2012 10:56 am

Congratulations on your big 16, Wendyanne! Good luck and best wishes w/ the changes. I've had pretty good luck when I've made changes to keep my sobriety as my #1 priority.

Good to see you John-Boy! Wishing you a terrific holiday season. I'm still looking forward to hooking up w/ you next year! I've got most of the stuff finished that I had to do on my house and I'm just about ready for traveling!

Best wishes to all
Dallas
Dallas
Site Admin

Postby Frananne » Thu Dec 13, 2012 10:32 pm

Well I updated the iPad operating system and lost all my bookmarks. I thought I would never find y'all again. Happy sober Thursday!
Frananne

Postby Dallas » Fri Dec 14, 2012 1:04 am

Happy sober Friday. :-) I've done that on my phone. Lost all my contact data.
Dallas
Site Admin

Re: SOBRIETY CHECK IN

Postby Dallas » Fri Dec 14, 2012 10:00 am

My experience has been -- that most of our visitors do not check out this topic. Some of them are not sober yet. Some are newly sober and/or they have particular topics that they are interested in. So, they look for the other topics to read and to discuss.
Dallas
Site Admin

Postby Frananne » Tue Dec 18, 2012 3:54 pm

Happy sober Tuesday! I am not feeling too well today(this too will pass) so what a good time to check in while I am just resting. This is my first year in AA. Sunday was my 11 month mark. Last week two of my good friends went out. I am grateful they came back and are working the program immediately again. I have trouble understanding slips as I have not had that experience. It seems in our club that having made it straight through without a slip is the exception rather than the rule. I am rambling here. I am happy to have this forum as a second home group that will be available when we begin to travel again.

By the way I have seven weeks of treatment left for hepatitis C. It is working. I thank God for our AA program as it helps me through the physical and mental side effects from the treatment. Trying to put the 12 steps into one's whole life is a wonderful goal to be striving for.

Take care everyone!
Frananne

Postby Dallas » Tue Dec 18, 2012 6:01 pm

Happy to hear that your treatments are working!
I'm looking forward to traveling much of next year and I know what you mean by nice to have the forum here as a home away from home. It has definitely served me well, and I'm not sure what I'd do without it! It has been a huge part of my recovery and daily living.

Good to hear from you. Hope you're feeling better soon. And, just in case no one has told you -- relapse is not a requirement! :-) Actually, those of us that have relapsed in the past -- are the exception. Most of us who did relapse were either too unwilling to do the kinds of things that you've done in your first time around, or... we got sober in environments where it was difficult to see and hear the program that works!
Dallas
Site Admin

Postby Camel » Thu Dec 20, 2012 11:51 am

Dallas wrote:Happy to hear that your treatments are working!
I'm looking forward to traveling much of next year and I know what you mean by nice to have the forum here as a home away from home. It has definitely served me well, and I'm not sure what I'd do without it! It has been a huge part of my recovery and daily living.

Good to hear from you. Hope you're feeling better soon. And, just in case no one has told you -- relapse is not a requirement! :-) Actually, those of us that have relapsed in the past -- are the exception. Most of us who did relapse were either too unwilling to do the kinds of things that you've done in your first time around, or... we got sober in environments where it was difficult to see and hear the program that works!

Hey, Dallas!

I agree that relapse is not a requirement, but for me it was inevitable. I simply would not follow the directions, as they are written. I got away with it, too, or so I thought, for years. But, reckoning day came, as it always does. As Dr. Bob said, "These Steps are not open for interpretation." I must have quoted that, and most everything else he and Bill Wilson said, verbatim, for years. These are just words, if you don't apply them. However, my alcoholism, that I inflicted upon myself, convinced me that I was the exception to the rule. My alcoholism convinced me I was smarter than Dr. Bob! But for God's grace, I damn near died. I thank God for that relapse. I thank God that He let me live through it. Many don't make it back. That relapse is what it took for me to come to the realization of just how cunning, baffling, and powerful this alcoholism is. I hope everyone here will take this fool's advice............"Work the Steps or die!"

I wish each and everyone here, and their Families, a very Sober Christmas! A Sober Christmas is a Merry Christmas!

Hub
Camel

PreviousNext

Return to Help for alcoholics who want to stay sober