Happiness is an inside job.

Experiences along the way that bring us closer to our Higher Power in 12 Step Sobriety and Moments of Clarity.

Happiness is an inside job.

Postby 918gma » Tue Apr 11, 2006 12:07 am

Another one of those concepts that you have to trip over your tongue a few times before you get it.
When some body gave me some thing, or said some thing nice, or I saw some thing cool, it made me happy. It seemed to be a fleeting emotion. It never stuck around very long.
I struggled with it well into the program of AA. Imagine my shock when I finally discovered that happiness was my own responsibility, or choice. Today I still have to stop some times and remember that it is my job. I do it by reflecting on (you guessed it) my gratitude list. (wich grows each time I reflect on it) The first thing on that list is that I now have the ability to remember.

Postby wareagle10 » Tue Apr 11, 2006 2:31 am

You're really something. That is a great statement. I, too, forget that it is up to me what kind of day I am going to have. I forgot last Sunday and am still cleaning up egg yoke. Thanks for your post, hope things are going well, sounds like it.
Take care and straight ahead, John.

Return to “12 Step Sobriety and Moments of Clarity”