- Everything I need to know... I learned from my dogs

Everything I need to know... I learned from my dogs

Experiences along the way that bring us closer to our Higher Power

Postby Dallas » Sat Mar 11, 2006 10:14 am

Hopefully, I’ll include with this message, why I selected the title of “Everything I need to know... I learned from my dogs.â€
Dallas
Site Admin

Postby Tina L. » Tue Apr 11, 2006 5:32 pm

hi dallas

i hope ur doing well. i read this message a couple of times trying to find out how the dogs had anything to do with it. i think its one of those things where u slip stuff in the back door! after i read it a few times i finally got the message that u intended. like the other stuff u write i decided to give it a try. u say look for the principles and i did. wow!!!!! its awesome what happened to me after i tried it. im getting some really good stuff from it. thank you dallas for all that u do. and thank you for all the help that u have given to me. my life will never be the same because of u. xoxoxo tina
Tina L.

Postby cinderbobble » Tue Apr 25, 2006 1:53 pm

What I do, I ask God to reveal himself to me. Wish I was on the beam when he chose to... but I think he answered when he kept me sober. Anyway, I value dogs for their humility. Even the mean ones are only that way, to please their original owners. But my role models are my cats! They are so un-needy! Except when they need to eat. I am the one that feeds them, and they go to my b/f! I don't care - all I care about is that they are well. My b/f didn't want them to begin with, and now he's stuck w/them! He loves 'em! Anyway, because I value my cats for what they represent to me, when I was down on my knees to pet ma-cat, I imagined that that was God's particular expression to me at that time, and I prayed to the aspect of God residing in that cat, at that time (namaste?), and let it go. I struggle w/the God concept, which is why I continue to ask him to reveal himself to me. I think if I had a clearer concept, maybe I would have more trust. But then, the steps are what are outlined by some strong higher power that a HP used to bring us to sobriety and health, so I think about what the Bible says, if you love me, you will DO these things! Anyway, I do tend to go at it in different angles, but I think these cats are the best angle yet!

(added!) Oh, these cats were semi-wild, they'd been abandoned. This one cat kept having babies. She had the roundest biggest eyes. But what was so heart-wrenching, was when I fed them, even thought she might have been starving, she always let her kittens eat first. Eventually I was able to give some of them away, and get two female cats fixed. They are not the most affectionate cats, but somebody like me can understand and accept that!
cinderbobble

Return to Sobriety and Moments of Clarity