- 12 Traditions Checklist

12 Traditions Checklist

Discussion related to the 12 Traditions

12 Traditions Checklist

Postby Dallas » Sun Aug 21, 2005 3:17 pm

12 Traditions Checklist

Tradition One: Our common welfare should come first; personal recovery depends upon AA unity.

1. Am I in my group a healing, mending, integrating person, or am I divisive? What about gossip and taking other members’ inventories?

2. Am I a peacemaker? Or do I, with pious preludes such as “just for the sake of discussion,â€
Dallas
Site Admin

Postby Dallas » Sun Aug 21, 2005 3:57 pm

"Why did A.A. finally drop all its membership regulations? Why did we leave it to each newcomer to decide himself whether he was an alcoholic and whether he should join us? Why did we dare say, contrary to the experience of society and government everywhere, that we would neither punish nor deprive any A.A. of membership, believe anything, or conform to anything?

The answer, now seen in Tradition Three, was simplicity itself. At last experience taught us that to take away any alcoholic's full chance was sometimes to pronounce his death sentence, and often to condemn him to endless misery. Who dared to be judge, jury, and executioner of his own sick brother? "

Bill W. – Twelve Steps and Twelve Traditions , 1952
Dallas
Site Admin

Postby Tina L. » Mon Mar 27, 2006 4:03 am

i just love this list. i copied it from here and sent it to our central office and they printed it in the news letter. then i had some copies made and took them to a aa club. we now have a meeting using this list as the topics. thanks for the list! thank you dallas for all that you do. i hope to see you in la soon! :wink: your friend, xoxoxo tina
Tina L.

Postby Candy » Mon Mar 27, 2006 5:00 am

Way to go Tina!!!! You're haulin' the message big time! Keep it up girlfriend!

Hugs to you...............

Candy Legs
Candy

Postby Rusty Zipper » Tue Apr 11, 2006 6:28 am

Dallas, your checklist is just what the doctor ordered... it has been buzzing around the group, and around town that the home group i attend is a little shakey right now.... was strong, was weak, and now, well just now!... i am the group chair.... at tonights meting, it was going along pretty good... keeping the cross talk at minnimum... the flow going ect... one guy said one thing... and it set the mood for the rest of the night.... Sheesh... Dallas, i will make a copy of this.... at the next meeting, before it starts, i will read this... end of story.... and then it is Gods hands... i almost resigned tonight... overstressed, overtired, hungry, the group made me angry, and yes i was so lonely... i told a few friends, the winners as we say... i will let it go fo now... pray, and med. on it a few days... the answers will come.... i was toss'n, and tur'n... just woke up, came over here... this place has saved my ass several times.... Dallas, the answers came, and it is this... ty bro for posting this checklist... and yes, i will stil call the trouble makers ass's... my flaw # 2, sarcasm... its my bodys natural defense against stupid... all good wishes, and teach only love... xxoo Z
Rusty Zipper

Postby Dallas » Wed Apr 12, 2006 11:33 am

Hey Zip!!! Imagine what life inside AA would be like... if more of us used the checklist?

The list really helps me to understand a practical application of the principles that I can put into daily practice! It also shows me where I might be getting off the track and helps me find the center line down the Highway of Happy Destiny!

Dallas
Dallas
Site Admin

The list

Postby Serenity » Wed Sep 20, 2006 5:47 am

It would be nice if this list was read along with Chapter Five in some of the meetings that I have attended recently.

Serenity
Serenity

traditions...traditions....

Postby musicmode » Thu Nov 23, 2006 10:22 pm

My name is Anne 8) , I'm an alcoholic,

Comes down to one question, really, doesn't it: What am [/i]I...precisely...contributing/bringing to the table? Am I bringing positive regard or rotten apples? The actions/attitude I put out there will be what serves me in return, be it positive or negative. I can follow the 'old' pattern of setting myself up to be hurt...OR...I can send off good will, w/ no conditions attached. The results I receive in turn are dependent on how I myself set the ball rollin'. :wink:

Peace,
Anne 8)
musicmode

Return to 12 Traditions Discussion