- I can still fly a kite.

I can still fly a kite.

Experiences along the way that bring us closer to our Higher Power

I can still fly a kite.

Postby 918gma » Sat Apr 15, 2006 5:42 am

Had a pretty long and stressful day. Even had my wallet stolen today. But I went to a meeting and heard a great message. (just like always) and then came home. My son had put my grandson to bed and the house was finally quiet. My son says Mom do you know how to fly a kite. I bought one for my son and I want to make sure I can fly it before I take him out.
47 years old over weight and out of shape, but by God I can fly a kite. What sweet memories it brought back. Good sober memories. That same child and I had flying a kite. The same pride in his eyes that his Mom could fly a kite. What simple joy.

Please every body get a friend and go FLY A KITE. Or some thing else that's just as simple and child like. It's a wonderful feeling. I guarantee you will smile.
918gma

Postby Rusty Zipper » Sat Apr 15, 2006 12:32 pm

kathy, you just put some octane boost in my gratitude motor this morning... make shure you have lots of Kite string... you know where i would like you to fyl it! ... "it'sPink :wink: " ... love you sist'a, PC
Rusty Zipper

I will

Postby 918gma » Sat Apr 15, 2006 3:49 pm

I think I'm larning that my pink cloud is always right there as long as I'm activly looking for it and want to be on it.
918gma

Return to Sobriety and Moments of Clarity