- Sponsers HELP PLEASE!

Sponsers HELP PLEASE!

A discussion of topics related to relationships in recovery and treatment

Sponsers HELP PLEASE!

Postby confuzed » Mon Apr 10, 2006 5:33 pm

I am a wonman in recovery for many years and managed to scrape toghther 11 months. Now I am back at a week. I got married about 4 months ago and had a child with this man 8 months ago. He has a 13 year old daughter that does not live with him. She came over twice a week, except starting when we got married she started to come over every day after school. Well he works so I am at home with her most of the time-- she is a spoiled little **** if you know what I mean. But it started after the baby. He will not do anything about it- he talkis to her and says , "well she doesent treat me badly". So he tells me to take care of it myself, the girl will not listen, respect, talk or do anything including feed herself. He is also the same why most of the time. So I told him that she cant come over every day and it will have to be back to twice a week because since she has been coming over every day I have relapsed 4 times. Not blaming her but I just dont think I can handle everything. My spouce and I have had a lot!! of problems ourselves. But he called me every name in the book and said I was making him choose. So I told him I have to do what I have to do, I am currently umemployed but I told him I will just move out. Which I will. With our child of-course, he cant handel taking care of our son for more than 5 min . Please someone help me, idont know what to do.
confuzed

Postby Rusty Zipper » Wed Apr 12, 2006 1:22 am

confused, i think you already have the answer... you just do what you have to do... work on yourself first... the rest will follow... but it does take some faith... you can do it ... and without a drink... good wishes... RZ :wink:
Rusty Zipper

Postby JR » Wed Apr 12, 2006 1:30 am

PC,

You are a brave man. :wink:

Jr
JR

Postby Rusty Zipper » Wed Apr 12, 2006 1:45 am

JR, yea, i know... Sheesh... :wink:
Rusty Zipper

Thanks all.

Postby confuzed » Mon Apr 17, 2006 12:37 pm

I appreciate the support, I guess I just need to try to let go of the situation for now. Just take care of me, and my son of course. I seem to be having a hard time finding good meetings out here any suggs?

P.S-- I am a woman.

Thanks all!
confuzed

Postby Rusty Zipper » Mon Apr 17, 2006 12:58 pm

confused, are ya ok?.... look in phono book, see if thers a listing under AA/NA.... local intergroup... call um, and ask where the closest meets is... ohoh, JR was talk'n bout me, a man... lol....keep come back, and ask ???'s away........love ya sist'a.... PC :wink:
Rusty Zipper

Postby Tina L. » Tue Apr 18, 2006 12:17 am

i wish i could help u but i dont have a clue what 2 say. if i have a problem i ask my sponsor what 2 do. its like she must know every thing about every thing. i hope u find ur solution. im learning to pray so i can pray for u because praying for u isn't praying for me. do u pray? my sponsor said im 2 pray and ask God to give me knowledge of what Gods will for me is and to ask him for the power and courage 2 do the foot work and take the actions. xoxoxo tina.
Tina L.

Return to Relationships in Recovery