Do You Struggle With Other Issues?

Postby Dallas » Thu Aug 11, 2005 3:32 pm

Do You Struggle With Other Issues?

I often here some people in AA use the word “issuesâ€
Dallas
Site Admin

Abandonment

Postby Rusty Zipper » Thu Aug 11, 2005 7:06 pm

good afternoon Step'rs, and to you also Dallas. just happened by. issue's, what a great word... herd alot about issue's most of my life. matter of fact. just did a little step 6 & 7 myself... character flaw # 589...lol abandanment!.... yup, another good old fear based feeling. one that would keep my Band of Gypsy's in my head working overtime... i also know that abandonment goes both ways. am i the one being abandoned, or am i the one doing the abandoning. it's about a fearfull sence of loss,the feelings are the same no matter on what end..... rejection, am i not good enough, what's wrong with me, what did i say, or do? where did i go wrong, wrong, wrong.... today with the help of the Power Greater. the help of the program, and the steps. i faced yet another one of my fears! abandonment. today i went to tell my sponser that it's time for PC, i mean Rusty to move on. yup, i started to fall in the clutches of my old thinking, i was starting to shut down, to want to postpone this. maybe it will go away ### that one?#### but i knew if i wanted to stay spiritualy fit, i had to do this. so i was armed with the step's, The Power Greater, a little wisdom , some cougage , faith, and trust. said what i had to say., and it's done. i will now have a new sponser. we seemed to both handle it like two mature, sober adult's!... imangine that? ... so for today i had asked The Power to remove a flaw, a defect! today it worked. that's all that matters, it's about today. i do know if, and when. prob. more when then if. lol ... that The Power can help me through. thats all for now. thanks for letting me share. good wishes all xoxo PC, or Rusty. witchever you perfer :wink:
Rusty Zipper

Postby crickit » Thu Aug 11, 2005 8:38 pm

Funny you should bring up 'issues'. That's all I've being dealing with this last couple of days are 'issues'. Then I decided to take my new dog Maggie for a walk to a place I use to go all the time when I was feeling really stressed and out of touch. It's an area way back on one of the trails here in the middle of nowhere by a little pond. I sat there all afternoon just trying to enjoy my time alone and praying for serenity. When the 'issues' would pop back into my head I would focus on the sound of the water and the birds and the leaves in the breeze. Heck I even tried to catch some frogs LOL. After 3 hours of sitting there I decided to think about the most pressing 'issue' that I needed to deal with right now. And you know what, there wasn't any. I didn't get knocked off my pink cloud I jumped off willingly. I let what is happening in my life take over and it put me right back to where I was 6 months ago, feeling scared, alone, anxious, depressed, upset, angry etc etc. with no way to fix things. I've spent the last 2 days thinking how do I fix whats going on and make it better again. What can I do, where can I go. The more I did that the further away from my higher power I got and didn't even realize it. I haven't let go of my old ways completely. I'm still dwelling on what could have, would have should have and fearing tomorrow.

“In AA, we don’t work on fixing ourselves… we take the 12 Steps and ask God to fix us, by removing the things inside us that are causing us our problems

How did I forget this so easily. It's so simple.

[quote]He further explained to me that “Step 1 is about Surrender. It’s about admitting that the problem we want to fix is bigger than we are.â€
crickit

we love you, too

Postby Dallas » Fri Aug 12, 2005 2:52 am

We love you, too, Crickit!!!!

You're an awesome lady and one wonderful AA!!!

I'm proud to have gotten to know you. As I've watched you literally trudge through the things that have come your way, the thing that I've noticed the most is your radiance the of the Spirit and Light of Alcoholics Anonymous.

And, Rusty!!! My friend... ditto for you buddy!!! Your courage, faith, hope and strength that you share in your light-hearted and often humorous way makes me giggle in a spiritual way when you share!!!

"Cheerfulness and Laughter make for usefulness!" (Page 132) :lol:

Dallas
Dallas
Site Admin

Postby blueangel » Fri Aug 12, 2005 3:38 am

What a great subject! I know I use the word *issues* more than I drink my aquafina! :lol: It really isn't issues at all is it?.. hmmm Issues= fear and flaws, what a concept! It actually makes sense, something nice and simple that even I can understand :lol: When I think about all of the things I have *issues* with I realize that they really are just fears that tend to make me hide in closets from everyone. I always knew I had alot of *issues* with things up to and incuding tap water :lol: :lol: but I also realize a little more each day that those *issues* tend to lessen. Amazingly I even looked that word *issues* up in the dictionary and low and behold it didn't say anything concerning how I tend to use that word, now don't I feel foolish :lol: I don't have *issues* with things I am just afraid of everything :lol: I sure hope that ending the missuse is of that word is easier than sobering up body and soul and starting to heal. I hope someone is that to slap my hand the next time I show my unintelligence by abusing the english language again concerning that word :lol: As they say in Arkansas * someone teached me something today* :lol: :lol:
healing slowly but surely, and hoping to be a real girl someday, Kay :D
blueangel

issues

Postby Rusty Zipper » Thu Aug 18, 2005 1:24 pm

hi all!, everyone ok? hope so. here we go again, that old issue thing!... lets just face the facts. in the rooms there is no one way to ones recovery. some march in with ten toes, two feet, ten fingers, two hands, one head ### some with two at times, me included #### lol! no willy- nilly style, love that one :lol: some with baby steps! some bring in the baggage car, and full ta-boot. we "ALL" should learn acceptance. step-1, the serenity prayer! how are newcomers going to see that the program works. by if there is a personal problem. i mean a real one. ### not that the gardener was late #### we can share about it! not take the room hostage! and most important! just what the hell are we doing about! what step?, are we talking to our sponser, the daily disapline, whatever it takes. we can show them that whatever comes our way. we dont have to use over it... and when all else fails. yup!, we go help another drunk. it gets us out of our own head... viv'a la' newcomer! :wink: there will always be issues. if there werent, why would we be alky's :idea: be well all, happy destiny to ya's xoxo Rusty aka PC
Rusty Zipper

issues

Postby Rusty Zipper » Thu Aug 18, 2005 2:05 pm

hey , hey, Danny, never implied you were a jerk, and yes i do believe we agree. and yes i am very passionate also about my prog. i can only be responsable for me... have a good one! piece bro. xoxo Rusty
Rusty Zipper

Return to A. A. Meeting Topics