- Are you.... ?

Are you.... ?

Topics and discussions related to being single and or dating while in recovery

Are you.... ?

Postby Dallas » Sun Apr 30, 2006 9:06 pm

The board sure is slow... and there is no motives in this topic... just trying to get someone off their shy spot and see if I can get some dialog started here. :wink:

So... I'll start by asking a few questions, and please feel free to jump in and share what it's like for you!!!

Are you single? Are you in a relationship? Are relationships tough for you? Are relationships pretty easy for you? If you're single... and contemplating the possibility of a new relationship... what would you be looking for? Are there certain things that you would want or expect? Are there certain things your looking for? Are there certain things you want to avoid?

What would the ideal person be like for you?

Are you open or looking to meet someone?

Do you want to meet someone and see where it goes from there?

These are only questions... and I hope you'll feel open to sharing!!!

If no one is interested in sharing... I'll come up with some different questions... maybe... like... are you in a relationship and trying to get out of it? :wink:

Let's talk!!!

Dallas
Dallas
Site Admin

Postby Rusty Zipper » Mon May 01, 2006 1:27 am

Dallas, are you kid'n me.. i'm the last person to talk about relationships right now!!! :roll: :roll: :roll: ......give me a week to get ov'a it........ just kid'n Dallas... rule # 62... Mr BB you know what Trish ment to me... relationships are wonderfull... for me, i want to share my sobriety, my new life, my new me with someone... it was just the Rat of addiction that got in the way... sad, but the reality of it... i will find another someone, if it be the will of God again...... i have found that i can love someone, and with out the fears... opening up, being vunerable... the joys of doing nothing together, and being happy... Dallas, i miss my recovery buddie so.. but, with my trust, belief, and tremdous Faith... i'm ok for today......... any single female Pink Cloud'r's out there? :wink: ... all good wishes, and of course, teach only love... PC
Rusty Zipper

Postby Dallas » Mon May 01, 2006 1:50 am

Just a question for you Zip,

I've noticed that you end all your messages now, with "teach only love." Perhaps, someday you'll elaborate on what that means to you.

I guess, that since I consider myself as a student, rather than as one who teaches anybody anything... I haven't been able to relate much to it. And, that's okay. Not whining or anything. There's a lot of things that I don't relate to or identify with. There are probably many people who do relate and identify, and understand what it means to "teach only love."

Now, if you used something like... "give only love" I could probably figure that one out! That would be something that I could use.

Not asking or suggesting you change anything... just curious what "teach only love" means to you, and maybe and explanation of how someone like me might be able to use it. ????

Dallas
Dallas
Site Admin

Postby Rusty Zipper » Mon May 01, 2006 2:28 am

ok, Mr BB.... i end with all good wishes... lots of times........ trish ends with teach only love... hence a T & P combo... simple as that... now, because i'm me... tomato, tomahto, potato, potahto... give, teach, send... ??? how bout all good wishes, and only love... better yet, all God wishes, and only love, or better yet... all good, God wishes and of course, give, send, and teach only love... or simply, agw, & tol... hows dat?... bet ya sorry ya reply'd to my post... i love you Dallas... you help keep the sane in me sane... ta-ta, and hope the sandman aint drunk tonight... ya might have a drunk dream :roll: xo PC
Rusty Zipper

Postby Dallas » Mon May 01, 2006 3:06 am

Rusty Zipper wrote: bet ya sorry ya reply'd to my post

:roll:
Dallas
Site Admin

Postby Rusty Zipper » Mon May 01, 2006 3:51 am

:shock: :roll: :o :lol: :wink:
Rusty Zipper

Postby blueangel » Mon May 01, 2006 4:45 am

I'm looking for the perfect man that cooks and cleans, and mows etc., etc. while I set around working my program of recovery eating bon bons..LMAO only joking really. :twisted: actually I'd be thrilled to have that cinderella life girls were raised on, what liars our moms were :lol: , but since I'm way to critical of men I don't see that happening in the near future. maybe someday when I'm all grown up. I've seen some really bad examples lately of relationships, so I'll hang out with my cats and friends till I'm grown up enough, to not be expecting perfection from them or me..
God Bless everyone, Kay :D
blueangel

new to step 12 forum and afraid of relationships.

Postby cleoski » Mon May 15, 2006 3:35 am

Hello to all,
I am new here and want to say how ha ppy I am to have found step 12. I think what really got me to register were the refrences to Clancy I.
I listen to many of his tapes and learn a lot from him. Now , as far as the subject goes, well I really need help there. You guys want to know how I deal with relationship problems, particually ones with the opposite sex? I stay out of them, thats how. sad, I know but it seems that they drain the life out of me. What is really scary is that after almost six years of sobriety I have only been in one relationship. (it lasted a whole six weeks and I found myself wanting out after two) To be honest this scares me, I wonder if I will ever be the, quote normal person. You know, wife, kids, house,etc. I thik I have relationship issues. I am starting yet another fourth step, maybe I will learn something there. thanks for the fourthsstep guide. I think this will be the most informing one yet.
Looking forward to posting and learning from you all,
Tony
cleoski

Postby Dallas » Mon May 15, 2006 4:04 am

Hello Tony,

Welcome to Step12.com I hope you find something useful here. Thanks for sharing your experience with us.

Keep coming back!

Dallas
Dallas
Site Admin

Postby Candy » Thu May 25, 2006 5:04 pm

I want to be in a relationship with Dallas! :oops:
"God please make him stop being so hard to get!"

Candy
Candy

Next

Return to Single and Dating in Recovery