- All is as it should be

All is as it should be

Experiences along the way that bring us closer to our Higher Power

All is as it should be

Postby 918gma » Thu Aug 18, 2005 2:32 pm

I've heard many times that nothing happens in Gods world by mistake. I think now I understand.

He knows where we need to be and what has to happen to get us there. (I thought manipulation was against the rules) We can't see it or understand it, but it's true.

That's why we are constantly striving to do the next right thing, and to strenghthen that consious contact with our Higher Power. The closer we are the less we question just what is the next right thing and what do I do about it. Some are told to stop and think. My problem is I think too much, and before you know it, I'm running the show again.

I don't know where he wants me, or why. All I know is that he does. I just have to trust him and do the best i can to stay in his will. It's not about me any more, it's about Life, the program, and whoever is out there that needs to know what ever it is I happen to know.

This recent experience has humbled me alot, I began to see things in a whole new light. I still have a long ways to go, but I'll get there one step at a time. One principle at a time and one day at a time. I spent a long time screwing me up, I just have to understand it's going to take a long time to straighten it out. And I can't do it, I have to let my Higher power do it. Thank you all for your suport these last couple days. I can't tell you how much knowing your all there has helped me.
918gma

Postby blueangel » Thu Aug 18, 2005 3:00 pm

great post gma, I know what you mean exactly. I have had certain events happen lately in my life that at the time I viewed as bad, but turned out to be the best thing that could have happened in my life.

I have come to realize pretty quick that I'm not only NOT running the show but, I'll be lucky if they let me mop the floor after the show is over.

Yesterday I had a pretty amazing day going through something that could have been hard in my old mindset but, with my eyes a little more opened to the situation at hand, I saw just exactly how those steps were actually working. I may be slow but its starting to sink in slowly but surely. :D

I was even told that while I was going through this event that others would be with me in spirit, and low and behold I was sitting in that courtroom reading my BB and a lady sitting next to me asked, "so how long have you been a friend?" It nearly blew my mind as I sat there realizing we are never alone in anything we do.

As scared as I was going through this doing things with God's guidance, rather than the regular manner I would have used such a short time ago, everything worked out great, and best of all no harm was done to anyone, which I realized very quickly was the best way.

I am now able to place all of my concentration on my recovery and let everyone else in their lives do their own thing, whatever their thing may be. It's not my place nor my wish any longer to *run the show*. I'm perfectly happy to allow guidance from God to steer me in the right direction, which for me is a HUGE step, being the cynic I always was. No more!!!! I learned so much from yesterday that I don't ever want to look back again, even though I'm doing that in this post ( yeah I know yesterday is history) I am living in the present today and doing my best to follow those directions given, and even learning no matter how much I push on that door marked *pull* I will get nowhere. :lol: Have a great day everyone :D
blueangel

Thanks Blue Angel

Postby 918gma » Thu Aug 18, 2005 11:04 pm

What a pretty name. I like it. Your real name Kay is my daughters name. I read both your posts today, and got so much out of them. That poem rocks. What a beutiful lesson Quite a coincidence that both yours eyes to the world and the eyes to you soul got repaired in the same month.

I am glad to hear from you and to get to know you. You made a coment about never being alone in the program. Isn't that an awsome feeling. I have what I call quality friends now that I've never had before. And I have just added you to the list. Have a great day. Kathy
918gma

made a decision

Postby Rusty Zipper » Fri Aug 19, 2005 12:12 pm

hi Kay, and Kathy! its truley nice to hear what you both have to say! "Bravo" ... Made a Decision, it seems you both have. you know, the best thing i brought to the rooms? my sence of despair! if people would only do what we wanted! driven by a hundred forms of fear, self-delusion, and self-pity: so our troubles , we think, are basically of our own making. i was out telling my story the other night. i was talking about my drug of choice before i discovered booze, and drug's. you know what it was? it was the drug of self-absorbsion. the futher i get away from the me's. the closer i am to The Power Greater. so i can now, most of the time. take the world as it comes! good , bad , or indifferant. it's not about me anymore. again, most of the time :wink: i made a decision, and i love it now! great journey to you all. xoxo Rusty, aka PC, oh, Dallas, a joyous hello to you my friend!!!
Rusty Zipper

danny

Postby Rusty Zipper » Fri Aug 19, 2005 12:43 pm

step-10, promptly admit wrong! pppppppppppppppppppppp Hi Danny :wink: xoxo to you RZ, aka PC
Rusty Zipper

Return to Sobriety and Moments of Clarity