- A Prayer For The 12 Steps

A Prayer For The 12 Steps

Step 11: Prayer & Meditation

Postby Dallas » Tue May 02, 2006 9:04 am

Dear God, I am powerless and my life is unmanageable without Your help and guidance.

Father, I come to You today to believe that You can restore and renew my needs of the day. Since I cannot manage my life or affairs, I make a decision to give them to You. I give You all of me – the good and the bad – my shortcomings, my selfishness, my resentments, all my problems, I give to you. Take me and use me and direct my ways and show what to do for You.

Father, I cannot control or change my friends or loved ones, so I release them to Your loving care, to do with them as You will. Just keep me loving and free from judgement of them. If there is any changing God, You will have to do it, I can’t. Make me willing and ready to be of service to You, to have my shortcomings removed and to do my best. Help me to see how I have harmed others and make me willing to make amends to them all.

Dear God, keep me ever mindful of the sly little foxes that creep back into my life. The sins of my personality that harm You, myself, and others, that separate and cut me off from Your Light, Your Love, and Your Spirit, make me aware of them and help me promptly admit it.

Father, I am seeking to know You better, and to love You more. I am seeking the knowledge of Your Will for me and the power to carry that out. This is my life and my desire to be in Your presence, knowing that Your Grace is my sufficiency.

Our Loving Father, show me one of Your Loving Children today who is still suffering that I might share with them what was freely given to me and prompt me to be ever mindful to continue to practice the Principles of Caring, Accepting, Surrendering, Loving, Releasing, Understanding, and Forgiving... in all of my affairs.

AMEN

Just passing it on, as it was passed on to me!

Special thanks to John, - wareagle10 & Lyle B!

Dallas
Dallas
Site Admin

Postby 1dayatatime36 » Tue May 02, 2006 1:32 pm

Thank you Dallas,
that was great reading first thing in the morning..i printed that out, and it is where i can read it when i am feeling all those things that I do need GOD to do for me what i cant do for myself..thanks for sharing it and to john for passing it along..have a great day..GOD Bless..Tonya
1dayatatime36

Postby Jools » Fri Nov 28, 2008 3:26 pm

Thanx for these, Dallas.

I'm also going to print them out and use them. I'd like to memorize them so when I need them they will automatically come to mind.

Sincerely,
Julie
Jools

Return to Sobriety Prayers