- Sobriety version of the 23rd Psalm

Sobriety version of the 23rd Psalm

Step 11: Prayer & Meditation

Sobriety version of the 23rd Psalm

Postby Dallas » Tue May 02, 2006 9:12 am

SOBRIETY VERSION of the 23rd PSALM

THE LORD IS MY SPONSOR, I shall not want.

He maketh me to go to many meetings. He leadeth me to sit back and relax and listen with an open mind. He restoreth my sanity and health.

He leadeth me in paths of sobriety and fellowship for my own sake. He teacheth me to think, to take it easy, to live and let live, and to do first things first. He maketh me desire to be honest, humble and grateful. He teacheth me to accept the things I cannot change, to change things I can and giveth me the wisdom to know the difference.

Yea, though I walk through the valley of despair, frustration, guilt and remorse, I will feel no evil – for Thou art with me – The A.A. program, the new way of life, the Twelve Steps – they comfort me. Thou prepareth a table before me in the presence of my enemies – rationalization, fear, anxiety, self-pity, and resentment. Thou announteth my confused mind and jangled nerves with knowledge, understanding, hope and love. No longer am I alone – neither am I afraid, sick, hopeless and helpless.

Surely sobriety, sanity, and serenity shall follow me every day of my life – twenty-four hours at a time, as I surrender my will to Thee and carry the message to others. I will dwell in the house of my Higher Power, as I understand Him, daily, -- forever and ever. AMEN

Just passing it on!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Special thanks to Lyle B.'s "Daily Reprieve", and John, wareagle10, for passing it on to me!!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Dallas
Site Admin

Return to Sobriety Prayers