- Introductions this forum is All About You!

Introductions this forum is All About You!

Introduce yourself or read introductions from others!

Postby Angel » Tue Dec 20, 2005 4:41 am

Welcome Janet..Sooooooooo glad you're here!! I don't know how you've done it all these years. I know for me, I would never want to try to stay sober without meetings..I have gone lengths of time without meetings and all I can say is it really sucks, beside I know I could never stay sober without A.A. Welcome Back...Call on me anytime..Love ..The Angel :wink:
Angel

Howdy

Postby john_erox » Thu Jan 26, 2006 3:07 am

Howdy All!! My name is John and I'm an alcoholic from Eugene, Oregon. I'm not sure how much I should share about myself, so I'll keep it simple. I've been clean and sober by the Grace of God since May 23, 2003. I learned to fully concede to my innermost self that I am one of ya'll and that makes life abundantly full, happy, joyous and free!!
john_erox

Postby Tina L. » Thu Mar 30, 2006 8:44 am

welcome john. welcome janet. xoxoxo tina.
Tina L.

Introducing myself on this forum

Postby waitresscheryl » Thu May 04, 2006 12:13 am

Hello Everyone, My name is Cheryl, I am a alcoholic, Been sober since April 4, 1991, by the grace of my higher power, whom I choose to call God. I got sober in St. Petersburg, Florida, now living in Missouri.I really do not know exactly what to say. I am rather excited about finding this site. :D I have a 12 year old boy now who has never seen me drink, he is a product of having relationships very early in sobriety. Oh yes, I got married twice very early in sobriety, trying to fill the void, trying not focus on me. I did not date them, I just married them, dating was a foreign word to me, took them prisoner I guess. But at least I got a wonderful son out of it all. I now have been single now for 12 years, left while pregnaunt, sort of afraid to get into a relationship, go figure. :lol: Anyway, I am Happy, Joyous, and Free. I use to despise that statement, when I first got into the program, but now I use it. Thank You, cheryl :D
waitresscheryl

Postby Rusty Zipper » Thu May 04, 2006 12:54 am

John'y, and Miss Cheryl... so happy you both parroozed your way here... were a strong in recovery bunch, most of the time... , here and there, some spirit, and some fun... post away.... ohoh, hiya Miss Tina...... agw, & tol....(_z_)
Rusty Zipper

Postby Dallas » Thu May 04, 2006 2:05 am

Hey Cheryl! Another welcome to the site!!!

Glad you found us. Make yourself at home. Looking to hear more from you!

Where is St. Joseph? (I guess I could look on the map... maybe I will) :lol: Just wondering how far away from Fort Smith - St. Joseph, is?

Did you make it to the Springtime in The Ozarks conference in Eureka Springs?

I've been to St. Petersburg. Sober! During my first year sober I spent a few months down in Florida, checking out what it was like to be sober! Had me a cool camera, hundreds of rolls of film, a guitar, a van with a bed in it... and a bunch of camping stuff... and was headed to the Florida Keys to chase gators with my camera! It was awesome. Met a lot of interesting people down there. I had lost my Florida AA Directory that I was traveling with, and would cruise restaurants late at night, looking for cars with bumper stickers... like "Friend of Bill W." and "One Day At A Time" and "Easy Does It".... When I found them, I knew I would find some friend's of Bill W. inside having a meeting after the meeting!

As I'm writing this... it's bringing up such good memories, I think I'll call the Realtor tomorrow and get my house sold and buy another van! It was an awesome time in my sobriety... being a newcomer and traveling around the USA, trying to find out how to live sober, one day at a time... and hoping to find a concept of God as I understood him, so that I could try to make some sort of "conscious contact with Him."

It also brings up some of the bad memories... some of the nights when I would sit shaking... terrified that I was going to drink again... pulling my hair out because I felt like my brain was dead... but still in pain... scratching... because I itched all over... even freshly out of a shower!!! I sure wouldn't want to be new again!!!! Talk about tough! Yikes, I could never do it again!

Wouldn't you just know it? The topic is YOU... and me welcoming you... and here I am talking all about me!!! Some things... will they ever change?

Best wishes to you....

Dallas
Dallas
Site Admin

Hello!

Postby Buck V » Thu May 04, 2006 2:20 pm

Hi guys,

My name is Buck and I'm an alcoholic. I stumbled across this site looking for some information on meeting topics and ways to run a meeting, because my sponsor "suggested" that it was time for me to lead a meeting in our group. I liked what I saw and so here I am.

A little background: I've just gone over 5 months sober. This is my first time in AA. I didn't realize I was an alcoholic until I tried to stop drinking. After all, even though I was an everyday drinker for 35 years, I was never arrested, never lost my license, never lost a job, earning good money, married 31 years, two kids, house in the 'burbs, church every Sunday, etc. When my wife mentioned that 6:00 am was a little early for the first beer of the day, and my kids were afraid to ride with me anywhere because my car smelled of beer (and usually had a couple of empties rolling around), I realized that I might have a little problem. So idecided to quit. I think I lasted about 4 hours the first time.

Anyway, long story short, I finally confided in my pastor and he recommended AA. I knew nothing about it, and it took me a week or so to catch the drift of the program (Steps? Traditions? ##### Chips? Higher What?), but it's the best thing that has happened to me in a long, long, long time.

I look forward to fellowshipping with you all.

Buck
Buck V

Welcome

Postby 1dayatatime36 » Thu May 04, 2006 3:07 pm

Welcome Buck,
Really great to have you here..You will find that you are where you belong..this is a really great place to be and many kind people..Hope to hear from you again in the posts, take care, GOD Bless..Tonya
1dayatatime36

Postby 1dayatatime36 » Thu May 04, 2006 3:10 pm

P.S. Congratulations on over 5 months, that is awesome!!!!! Tonya
1dayatatime36

Postby Dallas » Thu May 04, 2006 8:36 pm

Buck!!! Welcome to the site! Glad to have you here. I enjoyed reading your message above and also the other message you posted. Make yourself at home! I'm looking forward to getting to know you better and to read more of your experience, strength and hope! Thanks for sharing and thanks for letting me share, too!!!

Dallas
Dallas
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to Alcoholics and addicts in Recovery