- When they say it, they mean it

When they say it, they mean it

Experiences along the way that bring us closer to our Higher Power

When they say it, they mean it

Postby 918gma » Tue May 16, 2006 12:46 am

I have heard and believed I understood what willing to go to any lengths to stay sober and be of maximum service to my HP and my fellow alcoholics.
Very recently I realize the depth and magnitude that statement reflects. It's not the he wants us to suffer or pay for what he gives us. It's not about a lesson in humility. It's about our own inability to know what's always best for us. What may seem like the hardest thing you have ever done. Which to me I am now going through. I know it is going to turn out in the best interest for all concerned.
God it's hurts to say it, but it's true. If it's put in front of you, you trip over it, or try to walk around it only to find its comes right back to you, then you better take a serious look at it, and stop fighting to the bitter end, like I have.
It's about faith and trust in a power greater than ourselves that loves us and wants what's best. We may not see it at the time, or in my case been lying to myself about it for a very long time, but it's true.
918gma

Postby Dallas » Tue May 16, 2006 1:56 am

Have you been reading my mail? :wink: Have you been walking in my shoes?

Gees, what a wonderful message that you've just carried... that I relate to 1000 percent!

ISYL&HK. If you can't figure that one out... you'll have to read the previous PM, and do a bunch of guessing!!! Yep. We got code going on here!!! :lol:

Best to you, Kathy!!!

Dallas
Dallas
Site Admin

Code

Postby wareagle10 » Tue May 16, 2006 2:47 am

Sorry, I don't do code very well. So, I just put in whatever I think fits, it makes sense to me and that's what matters, I suppose.

Have you heard this bit of proes (?):

CAT MEETS MOUSE
MOUSE EATS CAT!!!

Kind of gives you a slight look into what my personality is like. Just a little jibberish, nothing that will sober up anybody but me. Hey, that's OK too.

Take care and straight ahead, John.
wareagle10

Postby Dallas » Tue May 16, 2006 2:50 am

John, I'm just glad that you didn't meet the mouse or the cat... and that you're here with us tonight!!!

Dallas
Dallas
Site Admin

When you travel the same path

Postby 918gma » Tue May 16, 2006 4:48 am

We are bound to trip over some of the same rocks. One of the miracles of the program, and life really. I'll figure out that code when I've had a little rest. Good night and God bless.
John be care of those mice. LOL
918gma

The mice

Postby wareagle10 » Wed May 17, 2006 2:31 am

I will take extra care to look around before I go to bed tonight. I always enjoy your posts. I put that little piece down because when I was in high school I had to research poetry, (ugh) and I came across that quicky. That is what I turned in, I got a "D", but it made the teacher and the class laugh. He said I could have done a little more research. Anyway, it was written by one of the great poets, can't remember which one, but he was one of the greats.

I hope things are going well for you and that the smoking thing isn't too difficult. I think I told you that I quit a long time ago and it was one of the hardest things I ever did. I think it was around 1974, smoke sometimes still smells very good to me.

You take care and straight ahead, John.
wareagle10

Return to Sobriety and Moments of Clarity