- Heres some thoughts

Heres some thoughts

Discussions related to Sponsors, Sponsoring, Working with others,

Heres some thoughts

Postby 918gma » Tue Jun 13, 2006 11:22 pm

Why we need sponsors in the program.

Today, I am an active member of Alcoholics Anonymous, in good standing with my higher power. One of the first things you will be asked to do when you make the decision to participate in this program will be to get a sponsor and to begin reading the big book. Be careful and choose your sponsor wisely. It will be important to your recovery.
Two of the first standard instructions your sponsor will give you will be read the book, and make daily contact with them. The instruction will continue from there, believe me. The quality of your recovery is your choice, not your sponsors. Their job is to suggest, offer support, and answer questions. From there it is up to you.

Sitting in this room as in every meeting you will attend there are walking talking miracles of this program. They have been where you are going and want to help. Use them. By doing so you will learn and they will continue to grow. That’s how it works. Sobriety is a life saving experience, unlike anything you will ever go through. Your sponsor is your life line. If you let them, they can, and will, with the aid of a Higher Power of their understanding, save your life.

One more thing, it will help, if you see a doctor at the beginning of your sobriety, so that he can have your head surgically removed from your ass, it will enhance the whole experience.

That being said, Good luck, God speed, and enjoy.
Thank you for letting me share.
:D :D :D :D
918gma

Postby JR » Wed Jun 14, 2006 12:02 am

Hey 9,

Love when you share. If you don't want your head removed from your ass you can always get a plexiotomy. It is where you have a piece of plexiglass installed in your abdomen so that you can still see while your head is up there. A retired Marine told me that one :lol: :lol: :lol:

XOXOX,

Jr
JR

I like it

Postby 918gma » Wed Jun 14, 2006 1:28 am

Of course neither surgery is covered by insurance LOL
918gma

Postby Dallas » Wed Jun 14, 2006 1:43 am

Thank you for sharing Kathy. That's some really good advice that you wrote about. It will make a difference in someones life.... only if they use it.

Dallas
Dallas
Site Admin

Postby Rusty Zipper » Fri Jun 16, 2006 10:38 am

(_spon|see_)..................... sponser :shock: :roll: :o :wink:

xxoo, step12's #-1 (_|_) ..... (_zip_) :lol: :lol: :lol:
Rusty Zipper

Here's Some Thoughts

Postby Woodstock » Mon Jun 19, 2006 2:18 am

Gee, time flies when your staying sober, eh?

Father's Day was unique for me.

My sponcee decided today was his day to take step 5. Needless to say it was good for him AND me. That was a few hours ago, and later in the day he advised me he has taken steps 6 and 7, working on Step 8.

This is a tricky one and I know if I've done my job, I was a channel for God's grace. This fellow has problems other than alcohol; he is a crackhead AND is schitzo (spelling?). I've been concerned his meds are keeping him from having a spiritual awakening - yet today he felt he was feeling some relief.

One thing I have evidenced with this guy, who by the way is a chronic relapser - as long as he is actively working the steps, he stays clean and sober.

Affirmation the 12 steps do work if we work them.

Nice to see the old gang is still here - evidence AA works. OBTW - 405 twenty-four hours for me. A relapse survivor - these steps do work - when I work them.

Jim
Woodstock

Postby Dallas » Mon Jun 19, 2006 3:12 am

Woodstock wrote:That was a few hours ago, and later in the day he advised me he has taken steps 6 and 7, working on Step 8

Reading that above... it's obvious you were working right out of the Big Book!!! Great job! That's what we need more of!

It's amazing how often those mental and emotional dis-orders get in-order when we get in-to taking the Steps. :lol:

Nice to see you posting Woodstock. I've missed you!

Dallas
Dallas
Site Admin

Postby Rusty Zipper » Mon Jun 19, 2006 10:53 am

hiya Woody... youv'e been trudgeing huh?. yea time does fly, how come? .... hey, a new thread. rotfl.... Woody what you mention is so true. have seen first hand the results of what was working... and its different for everyone, but also the same in many ways...... be it a theropist, the right ### #### a spiritual adviser, the rooms, sponsers, A.A., N.A., Alonon, and all the others A.'s, rational recovery, smart recovery, or whatever recovery, the powers that be, HP, or God....

a belief in somethng, honesty, and giving!

when any/or/ all are stop'd, the results can/are FATAL!

happy trudging Woody...........

............... Bless ...... agw & gol, ..... xxoo, Zip
Rusty Zipper

Postby Dallas » Mon Jun 19, 2006 11:10 am

Did you get lost?

This is Step12.com, and it still is an "of interest to AA (stands for Alcoholics Anonymous) and AA's 12 Steps" website.... That's the solution and the experience that we discuss here on this site.

This is not that "other site".... where one solution is just the same as another solution....
Dallas
Site Admin

Return to Sponsors Forum